Your other xbox is taking a long time to sync to the cloud

I get this error message EVERY time I try to play a game on my 2nd console.

I understand that this issue generally pops up when Xbox 1 has not finished uploading your cloud save data before you start trying to play the same game on Xbox 2.  However, I get this message EVERY time.

For instance, on Xbox 1 I played Shadows of Mordor, then I had Xbox1 on for another ~10 hours without loading up that game again (which should be plenty of time to upload the latest save data for Shadows of Mordor).  Yet, when I log on to Xbox 2 I still get the error that the other Xbox is taking too long to sync.  It's almost as if Xbox1 isn't uploading my cloud data at all (it is connected to Xbox Live).

Question Info

Last updated September 15, 2018 Views 226 Applies to:

Vcize,

I'm assuming both Xbox Ones are on the same network, connected the same way (wifi versus wired), etc.. Have you tried going to Settings, Network, Network Settings, and select Test network connection to see if either Xbox results in an error. Have you power cycled power Xbox Ones by holding the power button for 10 seconds or until the Xbox One turns off, boot them back up, and see if the issue persists.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same issue but with Minecraft. Home Xbox is hardwired in the living room.  Xbox 2 is wireless in the bedroom. Of course, same network and games are online so I know the network connection is good.  The "Try Again" option is useless as the sync either hasn't happened yet or won't happen at all (idk). Both of my Xbox one's are set to Actually turn of after each use (no instant on).

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Vcize,

I'm assuming both Xbox Ones are on the same network, connected the same way (wifi versus wired), etc.. Have you tried going to Settings, Network, Network Settings, and select Test network connection to see if either Xbox results in an error. Have you power cycled power Xbox Ones by holding the power button for 10 seconds or until the Xbox One turns off, boot them back up, and see if the issue persists.

They are sync'ed to cloud storage, not local. 

j Bob

Sorry this didn't help.