Your Opinions: Xbox Live for 360 stay or lose support

Just wondering what everyones opinions are about the 360's live service. My opinion is this: being with xbox right from the start and being "forced" into the 360 ( i loved the OG Xbox) when it was new. Its taken time to get used to the 360, and i have tried the xbox one at friend's house, and i can say that i dislike the Xbox One becuase i feel it not really made for what Xbox Live was intended for: Gaming. I guess what i am trying to say is i feel in all honesty that the Xbox 360 MUST outlive the Xbox One, im sure thiers some who feel differently and im also sure thiers some that feel the same. anyways whats your thoughts?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Everyone has their own feelings towards the Xbox One and support for the 360 ends around 2016.

@Fake Hedgehog they never said when 360 support will stop so study your facts first before posting the false info on 360

I hope they continue to support it for a long time but eventually they will do it. It will be a sad day for Xbox 360 owners when and if it finally happens.

I'm personally switching off between gaming on xbox one and xbox 360. I'm definitely happy they are continuing their support for the 360. I have a lot of uncompleted games on it and am continuously getting new ones because of games with gold so I know I'm going to continue playing on it for quite a while longer. Once Titanfall comes out the amount I'm gaming on the 360 might change a bit and as for the 360 outlasting the xbox one, that is doubtful. Microsoft said they would for sure support it for a few more years and then depending on how popular it still is and how many people are still using it they will then decide whether or not to continue supporting it. I don't recall how long that few years was going to be. The xbox one is going through quite a few changes right now and I can already see some of the changes that people have been requesting for. There is a new party system coming in the next update that's coming out in the next few days and they are actively taking in feedback in the xbox one update preview forums to try and make bigger improvements to the system. 1080p is coming in the update (I personally can't really notice the difference, all looks the same to me in both resolutions with only minor differences), better parties, Twitch broadcasting for games has been announced. The Xbox One is just getting on it's feet IMO.

Remember when the PS3 first came out, and it was a hugely overpriced powerhouse that aspired to be more than most people wanted from a system... and then Sony trimmed the fat from it and made it a system that plenty of people could afford and play with? And Nintendo came out with the 3DS... now all games come out for it, and people with a DS are left behind unless they upgrade to the new 3D model that they may not otherwise be interested in. Well then the big N came out with a 2DS that can play all the games without the 3D at a much lower price tag. What I'm getting at it that if M$ can take a cue from these guys and release an Xbox1 without all the extra crap, I'd buy it. If it wasn't for my gf, I wouldn't even own a Kinect, motion controlled games are a gimmick and voice commands are only a novelty. I have a stand-alone player for movies and music - I haven't used a console to watch a movie since the first day I owned a PS2. I just want a game system that plays games to the best of its ability. When you try to do too many things, you don't do any of them well.

Well said Nabby a gaming console should be primarily only made for games not this other stuff they seem to want to bundle into todays consoles.

What false info?

Yusuf Mehdi already cleared that up.

So why don't you go look it up before accusing someone of lying. The 360 will have been in its 11th yearly cycle in 2016.

There has even been a post about it back in September..

Forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/7/t/1578611.aspx

4th of Sep 2013, IGN had an article about it, so did CNET...I could go on..

But forum moderators and some staff suggesting 2017..its still a long time and I wouldn't start panicking.

I have both the 360 & Xbox One, so it doesn't concern me or my statutory rights.

At first there was the Xbox but people still wanted something more. So, then came the Xbox 360; a gaming console that brought us a new generation of gaming. Without the Xbox 360, Xbox One would of never existed. But ending support for Xbox 360 is going to end with devastation. A lot of people still play the Xbox 360 either because they like it better than Xbox One or because that is all they can afford. If the Xbox 360 disappears, so will almost everyone who plays it. But, what will they play then you may wonder? They will go other places such as Sony and the PS3 & PS4. Yet, it isn't just the people that play the Xbox 360 it is the games they play. Such as one of the games that brought the Xbox 360 to the gaming community, Halo 3. But, you say, what about the Master Chief Collection? Yes, some Halo 3 maps will be in that game but there is something special about playing the original (as every gamer knows). My point is if the Xbox 360 support ends so will the Xbox 360 and so will many Xbox Live accounts. The choice is yours Microsoft. What will you do?