You're impressions of Kinect 2?

Now some of us have had a do of it now so what do you think so far?

-

I think its the most pile of crap I've ever used this is my first time with kinect. Whose voice recog software is in there? The voice recog in my Galaxy S4 is provided by google and its rubbish.. it never reconises my voice until i shout at it then takes me to party chat when i say "Goto apps" plus while playing a game i can say something complete difference to Pause like hey and the game will pause. I see myself getting irate when technology doesn't work the way its suppose too. When the box is off and ive tried this in both modes Xbox On it never turns on, i got to turn the xbox on with the joypad. I know its an inannmate object but its begining to p** me off. The tv pass thru is incompatible with sky boxes so i get no tv thru xbox one.

-

At best I have got a £429 mega drive.. (games only).

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Works great for me

It looks nice in the box.

For the most part it works great for me.  It's not Siri, but I hear that MS wants to make bing power it so it will be more like Siri.  My issue is placement right now.  I'm hoping that the mounting kit I ordered does the trick.

i honestly love it lol. In my case it works about 90% of the time which is awesome, AND makes navigation a breeze. Anywhere on X1 "Xbox Snap whatever" skype is awesome with it. The microphone is so clear on it, and it just goes very very well with the X1 experience. I have no negatives yet about it because it works pretty darn good for me.

Coming from the original, I LOVE IT! It works great, like the guy above said, about 90% of the time. I also like using it as a mic. I'll admit when they first said Kinect 2.0 was suppose to used for a mic and it would block out sounds from the tv I was skeptical (the original was bad for that) but I tried it for the first time yesterday and it works GREAT! I was talking to my buddy while playing DR3 and he said he did not hear anything, I even turned my tv all the way up while smashing zombie brains. The noise cancellation is really good, definitely was a nice surprise. It's very responsive and easier to navigate through the menus.

I agree with TrickyFoli too, Kinect is very fun to use and honestly I dont want to go back to using the controller only. I also played Kinect Rivals to try out the new motion and it works fantastic, very responsive

Love it. Recalibrated and it's working great. I'm still working towards an ideal balance of voice commands and controller based, and its only getting better as I learn the commands.

My only negative is when I'm back on my couch, I need to speak in louder than normal volume to get it to register. When I pull up the gaming chair, it's fine.

Greatest piece of technology I've ever bought.

Works perfectly for me, I personally enjoy using it on FIFA 14. I've ordered the full game, but the demo allows to me utilize the Kinect anyway. I'm able to make substitutions, change formation and do practically everything in a match that normally? Would have required me to pause the game. I know that may not be a major thing to some people, but I personally feel like it is a pain in the backside when I have to pause the game to change things around. Now I can continue playing the match the way that I want to and simply say a few words to change some things around. It's simple to use and it works well with how I play my games. Looking forward to trying out a few other titles during the Christmas period that utilize the Kinect.

It started off VERY spotty for me...Probably about 50/50 for it working. Today, though, I recalibrated it, and while I haven't used it but for a few snap commands, it has worked every time. So, I'm hoping it will work a lot better from here on out.