You have to pay for ad-supported Radio!?!?!

All I wanna do is listen to free ad supported radio on my xbox one. I can only listen to 15 songs? If Microsoft can budge, give me a pandora app! I paid $499+$180(3 games)+ $60(extra controller)+ $60(charger kit) + $60(Xbox live gold) and you can't even give me radio WITH ads? Come on.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Is this a joke?

I have seen two people now claiming they have bought an xbox one to use it as a radio,seriously????

[quote user="x24hrs2livex"]Is this a joke?[/quote][quote user="THEOWENKILLER"]I have seen two people now claiming they have bought an xbox one to use it as a radio,seriously?[/quote]I doubt they bought it exclusively for that feature but the media options of the Xbox One are important to some people.

They are very important to me. I use my 360 as a media extender and won't even consider replacing it with a One until I am able to use it without having to use the Play To command to stream media.

So I don't find it strange that folk would like internet radio on their console. I'm more surprised that you two find it odd to be honest. 

[quote user="voteDC"] I'm more surprised that you two find it odd to be honest.[/quote]

There was a guy in the feedback forum stating he only bought the xbox one to use it as a radio,and that he had no interest in games and movies.

I can not understand anyone that would buy a games console for anything other than gaming as a priority.

Only reason I bought my xbox one? Absolutely not. It would just be nice to listen to music on it like the 360.

VoteDC, exactly how I feel.

$60 for a PnC kit lol really dont think they are that much RRP

$24.99 on amazon

@Owenkiller-You find it odd that someone would buy a console for things other than gaming? Even though Microsoft is promoting it is  an all-in-one ENTERTAINMENT device? When the primary ad focus is on NFL and TV ? Even when the May21 announcement made hardly any mention of games? TV TV TV NFL TV TV COD TV TV NFL .I think your comments are what's really odd.

[quote user="LOWxONxHealth"]@Owenkiller-You find it odd that someone would buy a console for things other than gaming?[/quote]

No,i find it odd that people would buy a gaming console just to use it as a radio.

The guy i was referring to on another thread said he had no interest in gaming and movies, and in his original post this guy said all he wants is a radio.

-

There are much cheaper ways to get a radio.

I think he worded it wrong.I've started many rants with "All I want to do.." when that really wasnt what I meant.OP-I believe Rome wasnt built in a day.The XB1 is still new so more apps like Pandora and Last FM will come but it takes time.Hang in there.Also try posting in the feedback forums