You account is invalid??

I have been offline for sometime. My last xbox I had I moved my profile to my flash drive close to a year ago so I can play anywhere with friends. My xbox died and I decided to play on another console for awhile since my subscription was up and was now Silver...

Now I still had my profile on a flash drive after I configured it and moved the profile previously so I just left it there and played on friends xbox's and my sons...etc.

Today I bought an xbox and decided to go back to Live to rejoin some old and some new friends. I get a message when logging into Live to get a subscription that says My account is invalid. It prompts me to recover my profile. I removed the usb drive with my profile and recovered my profile and it has only 2110 gamerpoints/gamescore.

Also, all the games I played and achievements are gone. When I plug in the flash drive configured from the old xbox it has my profile and all the games and achievements are still there. Am I understanding that I am penalized for not playing on xbox live or being connected to a live enabled system for some time, or what is going on?

I've read some posts and also other sites that say contact microsoft xbox live support but they couldn't help me. Can someone tell me how to get my profile I worked on to work, or am I doomed to start all over and delete the old profile?

Thank You

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Huh...it sounds almost like you have recovered the account somewhere and left a copy of it there.  Delete it from the USB stick and then recover it to your new console and see what happens.  I doubt you have been penalized...my brother's account has been Silver for nearly a year, but he renewed it without any problem.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

There is no penalty for being away from LIVE for a while. :) OP, before you recover, is your Gamerscore as it displays on Xbox.com correct?

Sorry this didn't help.

No it is wrong. The message of the invalid account as posted states that I recovered the account to another machine. I did, and I moved it to a usb flash drive from the 360 by formatting the flash drive as a memory card. Then I recovered the account again, because I didn't have the flash card. That machine died. I continued to use the flash card when I found it one different units (my buddy's and other military buds) But now I bought a new machine and transferred the profile from the flash to the console. I tried to log into live to go from silver to gold and it says I recovered this on another xbox and that the membership info is invalid. I don't have the another xbox, so I can only think of my sons and that's been dead for sometime.

Basically it seems that once I re-downloaded the profile and left it on that machine it made the one I transferred to the usb invalid. How can this be fixed other than loosing everything.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok...you did exactly what I thought:  you recovered your tag to a console and then did it again to the USB stick.  You have just run into what causes a lot of people problems:  MS has decreed that you cannot keep multiple copies of your account on different consoles.  So If you recover the GT to console A, play, and then go to console B (or USB B) and recover it again, the account on A automatically becomes invalied.  So then you will have to recover it again on A which in turn will invalidate the one B, etc.  Usually, the simplest fix is to delete the account from the first console and then recover it Console B or the stick.  But since the last console is dead, obviously you can't erase.  I am not too sure what to tell you here.  I have done this as well, but was always able just to delete the GT from Console A. but since you can't this is a real problem.  You may just have to start a brand-new account.

Sorry this didn't help.