Yet another problem

First it was the controller with loose plastic pieces (returned.) Then, the headset wouldnt fit in the controller (controller returned thru xbox warranty.) Now, the kinect completely dies. After a month, it will not turn on, no sensor light, bricked. This is getting ridiculous. I feel like getting xb one peripherals that arnt broken is like winning the lottery. Not impressed at all.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Sorry to hear about this mate.

Thankfully the failure rate with Xbox One, whether it be the console itself or Kinect is very low. Unfortunately though nothing is 100% guaranteed to work as we would hope, things do and will go wrong and it's just unfortunate you are one of the unlucky ones.

At least you know you can get it replaced so hopefully you will be up and running again soon.

Good luck.

My controller is loose on the left hand side the build quality seems worse than the 360 controller.

yeah same problem with mine, seems the snap pieces did not line up properly. I would return yours in store for a different one, seems like they are either good, or have some problem, you got unlucky like me.

i appreciate hat man. Starting to think I should have waited a year like I did with the 360. I will feel better once I get my replacements...I'm just hoping the replacements work. Very strange the kinect started off working great and then just died out of nowhere. I guess the manufacturing was just rushed in time for release?

[quote user="KoliMEGA"]

i appreciate hat man. Starting to think I should have waited a year like I did with the 360. I will feel better once I get my replacements...I'm just hoping the replacements work. Very strange the kinect started off working great and then just died out of nowhere. I guess the manufacturing was just rushed in time for release?

[/quote]

I know this might sound stupid but have you checked your settings to make sure Kinect is still turned on?

The reason I mention this is I remember one gamer posting on the Support Forums that his/her Kinect stopped working, no lights etc, like you thought it was faulty, only when someone suggested they look in the settings it somehow was turned off, set it back to on and away they went.

I'm not saying this has what's happened to you but it might be worth checking ( if you haven't already ) just incase ..

Either way, good luck again!

*EDIT* ... Have you unplugged it, plugged it all back again aswell to make sure it wasn't a loose connection?

yep i checked that. did a complete turn off of console, unplugged everything. went to settings, and the kinect constantly cycles between saying "plug in kinect" and then showing it is plugged in, but hasd no video feed, just a black screen. Its like it is in an endless cycle of rebooting or something

[quote user="KoliMEGA"]

yep i checked that. did a complete turn off of console, unplugged everything. went to settings, and the kinect constantly cycles between saying "plug in kinect" and then showing it is plugged in, but hasd no video feed, just a black screen. Its like it is in an endless cycle of rebooting or something

[/quote]

Ahh right.

Unfortunately then mate it sounds like it is faulty. You should be able to use your console fine though ( without Kinect features obviously ) until you get a replacement Kinect so hopefully it won't take too long.

So are many ppl having problems with their controllers falling apart or whatever they are doing?

This has me concerned and/or should I be?

Time to go to bed....will look at the reply later.

[quote user="ICN3D"]

So are many ppl having problems with their controllers falling apart or whatever they are doing?

This has me concerned and/or should I be?

Time to go to bed....will look at the reply later.

[/quote]

I know 3 people that have issues with their right trigger sticking. My daughters controller ( again the right trigger ) stopped working completely, luckily GAME replaced it the same day.

My main issues with the ONE controller is the noises it makes, I tend to grip the controller pretty tightly and it makes some weird "creaking and cracking" noises, I keep thinking it's going to crumble in my hands lol but it hasn't yet.

I do prefer the feel of the new controller over the 360 but it doesn't feel as robust to me.

I must be one lucky person, my X1 console, day one and regular controllers all look and work perfect.