I have been looking around for a wireless headset for the Xbox One but it seems my choices are limited. I'm still fairly new to the console scene in terms of multiplayer and since getting Forza 5, Thrustmaster TX, and a WheelStand Pro I find myself wanting to better utilize those items through multiplayer. To be clear I want my headset to be 100% wireless, I do not want a cord connecting my head to a controller I am not using! And no, I do not know about all the options previously available to Xbox One or Xbox 360, so please be specific. I want to make an informed choice and I'm relying on people that have been around the block a few times to help me do so.
My questions are thus:
1. Do any brands stand above others in terms of sounds quality, mic quality, durability, comfort? (IE. I've heard many bad things about Turtle Beach headsets in terms of mic quality)
2. The connection I see pictured with most of the wireless Xbox One headsets is something that plugs into the controller, not sure how or if this would work since I will be using my Thrustmaster TX for racing and not the controller. What are my options to get around this?
3. My most important "want" would be comfort FIRST... no sense in paying $100-$300 for a headset that crushes my skull; my second highest would be that I have a constant and stable connection wirelessly without a lot of hassle (IE. the connection to the controller seems like it will only cause hassle, but I could be wrong)
4. I've heard about some people using some "adapter" to use older Xbox 360 Headsets, are their any pros/cons to doing this? And if possible could someone link me this product?
5. Cost isn't really an issue for me, Obviously no one wants to drop $400 for a headset but if I can find that "perfect" fit for me and my needs then so be it.
6. Are there any wireless options that would work across the board for Xbox One, PS4, PC?
7. What are battery life times? Whats a good battery life look like in hours?