Yet another error code 80151103.

Like so many other Xbox Live subscribers I have been getting the error code 80151103. Sometimes I can turn off my 360, wait a few minutes turn it back on and have no problem logging in other times I can't and have to wait several hours. Today I have had enough of it. 

Please do not suggest going to this http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing-and-subscriptions/windows-live-id/error-email-password-not-valid. 

I do not have multiple accounts, I have one so solution 1 is not one for me. My account is also not a child's account so Solution 3 is not an option either. Solution 2 is not quite a solution as I have no problem signing into Xbox.com or any of the other Microsoft websites that use the same information. I have tried Solution 4 a couple of times with the same results, can't log onto Live but still can log onto other Microsoft accounts. As for solution 5 it really isn't a solution as I have stated I can access all of my Microsoft accounts on the computer.

This problem did not start cropping up until after I added the additional layer of security to my Xbox Live account. When it was just the 4 button code I rarely to never had an issue connecting to Live. After adding the additional layer of security I have consistent problems. 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time getting rid of this error Darth Olds :/ I know this must be beyond frustrating to say the least.

The 80151103 can be sometimes for a blocked MSA (If you haven't signed in it for awhile can be one reason why). Do you or have you gotten anything when signing in on account.live.com that your email is blocked and to do the steps to unblock it?

You say you are able to sign into any other MS website but are you able to sign in on account.live.com? If not what is the error? If you are able to log into account.live.com, do you see your name right above your email or does it say 'Not Specified'? Do you have your password 6-8 characters with at least one Capital Letter and a number in there? Does any of your proofs have a confirm or verify button under it?

You say that sometimes you have no issues signing into your xbox. When that happens can you go to settings - account -account security - security proofs? After you tell that page that you are indeed able to get email what happens?

If all that is great, have you done the long form for recovery at account.live.com/acsr?

I know lots of questions but just trying to get to the bottom of this so you can get rid of this error once and for all :-)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am able to sign into account.live.com. There is nothing to say that my email is blocked nor have I received anything to that effect(affect?). My name is there right above my email. My password is over 8 characters, contains both numbers and capitol letters. I never saw anything that stated the password had to be 6-8 characters. None of the proofs have a confirm or verify button under it.

"You say that sometimes you have no issues signing into your xbox. When that happens can you go to settings - account -account security - security proofs? After you tell that page that you are indeed able to get email what happens?" I'm not sure what you are asking here so I can't answer this question. As of this response (11:10 AM CST) I still can't log onto Xbox Live on the 360 if that is what is needed to answer this question.

I have not tried the long form recovery you mentioned. Should I if everything is okay with account.live.com information?

I have no problem answering any questions as this has been an ongoing and annoying problem that has just gotten worse over the last few weeks and really bad today.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm sorry its getting worse over time and especially bad today.

Thank you for checking up on the proofs. Do you have atleast two of the three: phone, alternate email and Secret Question? When was the last time you changed your password? If its been awhile I would reset your password using the 8 characters with a capital letter and number in there.  Sometimes to clear the issue it needs to enter a recovery flow, which is usually to reset the password to something secure. The system won't allow for a password that you have used before, just to note.

Sorry this didn't help.

All of my post didn't show up when I replied. Sorry one more step here so hopefully you haven't started yet :-)

Go to account.live.com. Instead of signing in. Under the sign in button you will see 'Can't access my account' Go through that flow. On the next page it will ask for your email and the characters. On next page you will see your options to reset the password. IE, email me a reset link or answer your security question. After that it will let you reset your password. Then, on your xbox, clear your system cache x 3, reboot the xbox and then try and redownload your profile. Crossing my fingers for you Darth :-)

Sorry this didn't help.

I have an alternate account, phone and security question. I've already changed my password using that method once today and have changed it a few times in the past. I will try it again and choose a 8 character password and see if that helps.

Okay i've done the above and I can now log into Live. I've noticed a few posts on this forum relating to this issue and I am wondering if the above steps are something that is going to have to be done on any kind of regular basis. I'm sure the underlying cause of this issue is being investigated and hopefully rectified. If I can provide any other information pertaining to this issue let me know. Actually I just reread your response and noticed you mentioned a recovery flow I suppose this is what I mean by something that is going to have to be done on some kind of a regular basis.

Again I can now log onto Live.  Checked it by turning off the Xbox, waiting a few minutes and turning it back on and signed in with no problem. Thank you for your assistance.

Sorry this didn't help.

yeah my xbox  hasnt been doing this since last night i logged on and it tells me code:80151103 and i made sure i didnt put the wrong password in

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Number, can you try what I wrote up here: forums.xbox.com/.../546626.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.