Yep, another account hacked and on FIFA 12

Seems that this is becoming a widespread issue. A few simple questions really;

1.) How has no one at Microsoft/EA acknowledged that there is a problem with this?

2.) What steps are being taken withing Microsoft/EA to stop it?

3.) Why are some users being told their account are locked down for 25 days and others told 30 days?

4.) Why does it take this long? MS can surely see I sign in from one specific console ID/serial number. If my gamertag suddenly signs in from a random location, with an entirely separate ID and then start spending huge amounts of points, followed by me calling to report unauthorised access, surely common sense would dictate that this should be a simple and quick process!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

1. If you google the FIFA Hack you will see that MS and EA have issued statements acknowledging the problem, but basically saying that it is only happening to a small number of us.

If you get answers to questions 2-4, let the rest of us know!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry, by acknowledge I mean issuing statements on steps to take to avoid such things from happening.

Obviously this isn't my gamertag also, I can't even sign into that because the delightful chap who stole my account has also changed all my recovery information too.

Sorry this didn't help.

Wow, you got it worse than I did.  I actually caught them in the act.  All they were able to do was steal about $50 worth of MS points -- which I would gladly have let them keep if I had known my family and I were going to be locked out of our accounts for over a month.

Sorry this didn't help.

I had points taken a while ago, 1 day before Gears 3 landed but I decided I would just leave it. They hadn't changed my recovery info s I just changed my password to a ridiculously long random string of numbers and characters. TThis time though they've really got me, I can't get in at all. I would happily sacrifice the points again, I just want my account back.

Sorry this didn't help.

dang man sorry to hear about that, it happened to me on in october but I was able to get my account back after he spent the points, the guy who got me tried adding his info to it as well but luckily I was at home that day so was able to act faster than most.

Sorry this didn't help.

I had my account hacked back in early October, they spent $90 on MS points. I was told 30 business days for a response from MS. It's been about 30 days now, I miss my main account for online play soooo this sucks :p

Not sure why they need to investigate when there was clearly unusual activity and I verified myself over the phone.

Sorry this didn't help.

What I'm about to write will provide as much "value add" to this thread as MS has in five months to my particular circumstance...

... that's all I am going to write.

Not much value eh?

Sorry this didn't help.

Notahappy sounds like you were social engineered, wouldn't you agree Assassin?  If he changed his password to that degree and they got in AGAIN, that seems the likely candidate.  

Sorry this didn't help.

I called again today now told 30 days they have not even got to my case yet. was told 25 days now it is 30 guy told me  I should get the e-mail by the end of the week If  not call back.

Sorry this didn't help.

Add me to the list of hacked accounts.  I turned on my Xbox today and couldn't log on.  I tried logging on through the computer but no luck.  Luckily, I was able to reset the password to my alternate email address.  I have gone through all the motions already of changing my passwords, calling Xbox, calling my bank and getting a new credit card, etc.  The hacker charged $175 for FIFA 12 purchases.  I will only use prepaid cards now.  I checked my raptr account and it shows that the hacker played the game for 4 hours including 37 minutes this morning when I found out about the hack.  I hope that a press release eventually comes out.

Sorry this didn't help.