Xox 360S restarting in certain Profiles.

Hi Guys,

I hope someone can help. We have three Xbox Live Profiles, I'll call them A,B and C.

Whilst in Profile A we tried to download a game demo (the name escapes me), Instead a trailer came up relating to "Saints Row" and "Initiation Station" with a Japanese Style animation. Then the System restarted and repeatedly restarted  2 minutes or so after signing in with profile A.. To solve this we deleted Profile A (profile only) and attempted to Download it from the Live Network. During this process the wizard prompts for the connection of 1 of the other Live Accounts, I selected Profile B then the screen went Black and the Xbox restarted. Now profile B is also affected by this problem.

Next we tried Initial Setup which appeared to solve the problem- Profiles B and C were fine, until we tried to download Profile A which appeared to complete successfully. But the Downloaded Profile still contained the same problem. Furthermore profile B is also affected. However deleting and attempting to download the profile fails but Profile C remains unaffected.

So out of 3 Live Gold profiles we currently have only 1 working. My suspicions are that some malignant code was present in the supposed demo but however suspicious I may be that may still be coincidental.

Thanks Guys I hope someone can unravel it.

Paul.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

It almost sounds like an update was needed to download the demo/trailer and your console may possibly be restarting because it either

A: Can't update due to some glitch between you Xbox and Live. In that case Profile A should be deleted one more time and re downloaded and you may just have to forget downloading the demo.

B: Your console may not be communicating with Xbox Live correctly. In that case it may be a problem with your internet which is why its affecting more than one profile. However, this scenario is the least likely of the two.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.