XBoxStat.exe Application Error

Hello,

I tried to install the driver software for the XBox 360 controller on Windows 7 64bit after formatting my computer (before this it worked flawless). But everytime i try to start it the following error occurs: "Couldn't run the application properly (0xc000007b)". I already tried reinstalling it and older versions of the driver (v1.1 and v1.2). Seems like Windows detects the controller without the driver as well, but i can't use all buttons (i.e. the analog stick).

Sodis

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 577 Applies to:

There are a few possible solutions but be sure you are comfortable with registry edits if you go that way:

One - update your Windows system

Outdated Windows system is often the case to affect the effective performance of those applications and files, and make some functions and services cannot be used smoothly on the computer. So you should go to check whether there has been a newer update version of the Windows system available online, and install it on your computer if there is.

Two - Uninstall the newly installed program on your computer system

The XboxStat.exe error problem often occurs when you newly install a program on your computer, the common reason for your computer encountering this error issue after the installation is there are some component of the program are incompatible with the file on your computer system, so it may delete or modify the file with other features, when you try to activate the associated program, the computer system will not be able to detect and read the file successfully. To solve this problem, you should uninstall the program from your computer and reinstall the one which is more compatible with your computer system.

Guides to uninstall a program:

Step one - click on "Start", and "Programs", "Control Panel", and then "Add/Remove programs"

Step two - it will display a program list, find and locate the program you want to uninstall

Step three - click on the uninstall button

Step four - delete its install folder if it is still on your computer

Step five - check and remove all of its associated registry entries on the Registry Editor

Step six - reboot your computer system

Three - Delete or reinstall the file on your computer

Delete the file on your computer system

If the file is not indispensable on for your computer, you can disable or delete the file on your computer.

Start Registry Editor by clicking the Start button, typing regedit in the Search box, and pressing Enter.

Open the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder ==> "Software" folder ==> "Microsoft" folder==> "Windows" folder ==> "Currentversion" folder.

Click on the Run folder ==> Click on the XboxStat.exe file.

Delete the file by pressing Delete XboxStat.exe key

Reinstall the controller drivers and see if they work.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your help, but unfortunately neither One nor Three did help. I skipped Two, because the driver refused to work even immediately after installation, so I doubt, that the problem lies in a newly installed program.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey SuperSodis! If you could actually give step #2 a try that would be great. It has been proven to to be the best step in this scenario! Let us know how it goes. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried deinstalling every program, which I installed after the driver. Still the same error. There is the possibility i missed one, since i formatted my computer, installed several new programs and the driver somewhere between the other installations.

Sorry this didn't help.