xbox.com will not reflect updated account.

A year or 2 ago I paid to chang my profile name to FirecamX. Crazy Murderer is my old one. When I log into xbox.com it still reflects this old username. Last time I renewed service the credit went to this username and not the one i currently use. I am up for renewal again. My current username is tied to the same windowslive id. Is there anything I can do to be able to change what account./username this site accesses when I log in?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hi there.

Is everything else the same between the two accounts, i.e. the gamerscore and recently played games etc...? Or have you created a new account under the new username, "FirecamX"?

Or is this your current account?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The account is the same, the profile name was changed due to my friends thinking the one currently shown was objectionable.

The gamerscore and other info like games played has not updated since the change however.

I'll try to put it better.

When I sign in using my windowslive id my account comes up as crazy murderer. When I try to reset the password for this account, I get an email and in the 1st line it recognizes me as FirecamX. I do not have multiple hotmail addys or windowslive ids. Both usernames are attached to the same email address/pass. FirecamX you linked is my current account.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Crazy Murderer"]Both usernames are attached to the same email address/pass.

[/quote]

That's exactly what I thought to myself when I found your other account. Ok what you will need to do is change the email address associated to this secondary account, "Crazy Murderer", in turn this will then allow you to sign into your main account with all the proper up-to-date information.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm sorry to go back on something I communicated at this point, but disregard what I said about the password reset emails recognizing me as FirecamX, it recognized me by real name.

Also, I changed crazy murderer's email address in both the contact and forum preferences section of the profile. However when I login under the original windowslive id it still comes up as crazy murderer.

I'm becoming suspicious that there might be a separate account. I also read something in the profile to update gamertag, and it said the gamertag would autoupdate. I assume that any info as far as points/achievements acquired would be maintained as well. However Crazy Murderer has 1000/1000 on fight night round 3. Firecamx has 0/1000.

Is there a way I can double check what email addy is associated with firecamx? Would it be on my system? Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately changing the "contact" email address will do nothing to resolve the problem, this email address is only used be Microsoft to send you emails regarding your account and service information.

You need to recover "Crazy Murderer" back onto your xbox 360 and then proceed to change the Windows Live ID found under Account Management. At this moment in time you have two accounts which have the same log in information, which is causing a clash when signing in.

Sorry this didn't help.

Got it working, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.