Xbox.com run-time error and unable to access Xbox live on Xbox

Server Error in '/' Application.
Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. 

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

Each time I try to access "My account" or "Privacy and Online Setting" I keep getting this error. I'm trying to change my parental email for my Xbox Live account but I am unable to as I receive this error. When I try to change it on the Xbox I receive the error "Xbox Live signup is currently unavailable. Please try again later." This is my 5th attempt now at changing the parental email on Xbox and my 3rd attempt at accessing My Account on Xbox.com.

When I attempt to access Xbox Live on my Xbox I am prompted with the message "Your parent's Microsoft account isn't valid. You parent needs to choose a different account to manage your Xbox profile. FOr more info, please visit www.xbox.com/fixid" The only 2 options available are "Change parent Microsoft account" or "Play offline." When i follow the link given I'm told that page has been removed.

If I'm unable to resolve this I can't access my Xbox live account, and quite frankly everything here is just working against me and I don't know what to do. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated. My GT is "Raininstone"

Question Info

Last updated September 8, 2018 Views 176 Applies to:

Hey Raininstone,

sorry to hear you are having such a hard time doing this. it really shouldn't be so difficult to change the parent accnt. what I recommend is to go to the following website and try to login with your parent accnt and see if you can change the alias.

or try to login with your accnt and see if the system will ask you to change the parent accnt.

login.live.com/login.srf

hope this helps :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

my xbox won't work Xbox from NetWork and Game

Sorry this didn't help.

UNABLE TO ACCESS XBOX LIVE.

Suddenly tonight I can't run anything requiring xbox live. I'm prompted to check my connection. When I check my connection via the connection test in network settings everything is fine. The console connects to my router, to the internet and to xbox live just fine. What gives?

Sorry this didn't help.

I agree what gives ?? I can't get on either keeps Erroring and won't let me download my profile

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey everyone!

We have received reports that this issue has been resolved.  If you are continuing to experience issues, please go ahead and create a new thread.  This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you.  Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried.  Thanks in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.