Xbox.com Error 33E8D884C8F8AE

I haven't used my account in a few years, when I sign into Xbox.com I am shown the upgraded Terms of Use. To accept it I need to change my account to an adult since I was under 18 the last time I used it. When I go to My Account I get an error and it shows the following:

code:33E8D884C8F8AE

s:RZCQ5XF07VBUJ4UMHn0ZPA==

id:55111967-9942-4c07-99fe-a1c215ab7cd8

req:e4264a20-8fe9-467d-9e97-aec1c696d4b0

I couldn't find anything about that code and I'm guessing it has to do with my account being inactive for so long.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hello,

Xbox LIVE determines whether an account is a child account or an adult account based on the age of the account owner. Account owners who are younger than 18 are given child accounts in the United States. The legal adult age varies by country and region (for example, the adult age in Korea is 20).

Child accounts are tied to an adult's Microsoft account. The adult account can control Family Settings and restrict some features of Xbox LIVE.

After you reach the age of adulthood (which varies by country and region), you can promote a child account to an adult account. This promotion removes the Family Settings and Xbox LIVE restrictions.

To promote a child account to an adult account

• Sign in to Xbox LIVE by using the account that you want to change.
  • Go to Settings, and then select Account.
  • Select Promote Child Account.

Note The age of an account owner is calculated by using the date of birth provided when the account was created. This date cannot be changed. If you entered an incorrect date of birth when you created the account, your only option is to create a new account using the correct date of birth. This option is available only if the date of birth for the account indicates that you have reached the age of adulthood (18 in the United States). The legal adult age varies by country and region.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to promote the account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Like I said when I go to Xbox.com and click on My Account I just get an error.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hiya David. Sorry to hear your having troubles logging in. If you are getting an error on the website, it may be a billing issue. I would suggest you use our Contact Us option, and get a hold of support to see if they can make sure your billing info is all good. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem, i cant change my expired gold account to silver.

Sorry this didn't help.