XBox360 wireless controller for windows works with pc, but not connecting to my new XBox360 Slim

Hi, i am starting to go mad here, as i was buying XBox360 controller for windows some time ago with especially checking the information that it is compatible with XBox360 console. Now when i bought my new XBox360 console i want to use it as second controller, but the problem is - it is not connecting - after pressing XBox Live Home button (that silver round one with X) - the green circle around it starts blinking and keeps blinking forever... Just like when not finding anything to connect to... Connecting it to PC using dongle works OK. Is microsoft really so evil and disabled using "XBox360 wireless controller for windows" for using with their regular XBox360 console? Dont tell me this please as i will get so crazy and return everything back to the store...

The controller i am having issues with is this: http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/xbox-360-wireless-controller-for-windows

My new XBox 360 is classic 4GB slim version with Kinect and included controller works just fine.

Please help me with this. Should this work? On microsoft site there is written: "Experience the ultimate gaming experience on Windows XP and Xbox 360"

What could be the reason of my problem?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 112 Applies to:

After using the pad on your PC, you need to re-sync it to use it again on your console, otherwise it won't see it.  Then when you want to use it on your PC, sync it again to the wireless gaming receiver.  It's a bit of a pain I know, but you have to sync the pads to get them to work. 

The same would be true if you took your game pad to a friends console, you have to sync it to their machine.  Then when you get home you need to sync the pad back to your console.  The same is true with the PC.

Hope that helped.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Does syncing mean to press that small round button near LB? I did that several times and green circle always starts spinning, but after some time stops and is blinking as always. I have also tried to restart console, remove and plug batteries again to controller, disconnecting that USB dongle from PC (just in case it interfers)... but nothing helped :(

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, but you also need to press the sync button on the console too.  Basically, you press the sync button on the console first, then the button on the back of the pad.  The Guide button will flash and stop when it has established a connection. 

When you sync to the PC, you press the button on the Wireless Gaming Receiver, then the button on the back of the pad.

Note that the pad that came with your console also works with your PC too.

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh stupid me - i did not realize that about sync button on console itself - now it worked of course - i am so ashamed - next time i will be reading manual first :) Thanks much Obsessive Power for your help!

Sorry this didn't help.

That's great. I'm glad you got it working, and you're welcome. :)

Sorry this didn't help.