XBOX360 To Surround Sound

My XBOX360 Is connected to my TV Via an HDMI Cable, I have bought the sound Adaptor that goes into the SCART Socket below the HDMI Cable. I have got a red/white phono lead going into the sound adaptor from the xbox and into the back of my DVD Player. However there is no sound coming from my dvd players surround sound speakers.. Any help greatly Appreciated!

Thanks

Matt

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

The red/white phono cables won't give you full surround sound as they're just two audio channels. If you want surround sound you need to use either HDMI or the optical audio output. It also depends on what sort of DVD player you have. Do you have one of those players that double as an amplifier?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yea, +1 Mister Fitzer. Bypass the DVD player and see if it works. I use optical for my surround sound but as you are using two RCA cables you will not get full surround sound but you say you aren't getting any sound, try bypassing the DVD player first.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Matt, does your DVD player then connect to a device for your surround sound? If so, could you try bypassing the DVD player altogether? Keeping your setup as simple as possible may be your best bet here.

Sorry this didn't help.