Xbox360 System Update Has Killed My Kinect

Seems these idiots have released another broken update.

So I get signed out of a party without warning and have to download and install this system update, last night. After my machine restarts, it's asking me to download and install the Kinect update (which I already damn well have!). It downloads the update and then consistently fails to install it, about 15% in.

Thanks for bricking my Kinect, Microsoft, you bloody morons! I'd better have an explanation and a fix, for this, double-time or my application for a hearing with VCAT goes in next week. Oh, before anyone asks 'Are you sure about that?', I've got a few messages asking if my Kinect has been bricked, too, as it seems some of my friends have the same issue.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Sorry to hear than mate. Mine downloaded what appeared to be 2 updates and then updated a device. I have not tried to use Kinect since but there was no sign of anything failing. I hope MS get this sorted for you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The missus updated mine so I didn't notice, I'll have to check when I get home

Sorry this didn't help.

MURDERERS! or should that be BRICKERS! yep its always with fingers crossed I click on any MS update of any kind.

Sorry this didn't help.

My kinect survived - but that is awful! I hope you have some way of making MS accountable if the Kinect won't update. I fear for you, though, if you have to call support :(

Sorry this didn't help.

Just pop in Kinect Adventure's it has the update for the kinect on the dish or are you all just whining like Rarity from My Little Pony Friendships is Magic

Sorry this didn't help.

^^^ WHAT THE HEELLLLL!!!

I thought Kinect was always a brick...haha...what? :P

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Whitelion56"]

Just pop in Kinect Adventure's it has the update for the kinect on the dish or are you all just whining like Rarity from My Little Pony Friendships is Magic

[/quote]

Nah, I'm just having a rant, thanks Mr. Smartchunks.

I even think the next update would probably have a fix for it (this one was supposed to prepare for the real one coming soon, apparently ]). And I tried everything you can think of...even the Kinect Adventures disc. The game gives me no options to update it. The checking routine must disable the update, if it's already installed.

I'm just pissed and the email I just got back from customer support has gotten the problem all wrong and ultimately urged me to call customer support. I'm developing a tic, just thinking about it. I wouldn't be able to complain to anyone else, until I tried to deal with them, anyway. 

I feel good that the only negative reply is from an adult fan of My Little Pony, but.

Sorry this didn't help.

Don't worry endgamez :\

Your not the only one!

My son updated my Slim console while I was at work. I got home, and he was freaking out thinking he had broken it. Turns out the update screwed the console itself. It wont even read discs anymore and I've had to send it in.

Good thing I have a spare :)

Apparantly I'm not the only one either. The recent update was supposed to include the software for the new disc format that they were testing a few months back (that increases the disc capacity and increases security etc etc). MS were supposidly aware that it would effect a small percentage of consoles, which they discovered during the beta, but were willing to take the risk and replace/repair the consoles whose disc drives became unresponsive.

I dont know how much is true or just speculation, but the fact that my new slim console died (which is only 6 months old, after I had to exchange when my last slim died) is annoying as hell and too much of a coincidence.

Sorry this didn't help.