XBOX360 Slim noice

Hey! My 2 months old xbox360 keeps very loud noise when i start play games, it never have done that before o.O Is it going to broken or something?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Is it the DVD drive that is loud?

Installing the game is the best way to make the 360 silent.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Your fan could be faulty or broken, i would say sendit off for repair to be safe.

Sorry this didn't help.

Good evening,

Let's see if we can help you out tonight. Can you start by elaborating on where the noise is emanating from? If it is from the fan, make sure you have cleared anything off the top or out of the fan vents to ensure a clear path for air to flow through. If it is from the DVD drive or something inside that you cannot pinpoint, then we need to check to see if the Xbox is in a vertical or horizontal position. If vertical, try moving it to a horizontal position and see if the noise persists. Sometimes, Xbox likes to be flat instead of stood up on its end. Then, as suggested, try installing the game to see if that eliminates the noise of the drive revving up, if that is the issue.

We first have to identify the noise before we can figure out what the problem is and where to go from there, so if you could provide that, we'll have a better idea on where we are in this process!

-Nicholas

Sorry this didn't help.