XBox360 Ring of Light has lately switched from player 1 to player 2 & then back again after loading Resident Evil 6

For the past couple of times, I've been playing Resident Evil 6 and everytime it gets done connecting to the server, the player positions on the ring of light would briefly change from player 1 to player 2 and then back again. But the game still plays fine as does the xbox itself. Is that something I should be worried about and would re-syncing the controller once in a while help in this case? No other games have done that as far as I know, but if anyone can help me understand what's going on, I'll greatly appreciate it. My Xbox360 is the slim version, and I had it since December 2010 if this helps.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 30 Applies to:

I'd say this is a Problem of RE6 itself - it probably, as you assume, disconnects the Controller but reconect it wrong again.

Ask someone who also has this game and see if he also has this Problem.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I did ask a friend who's been an xbox live member for a long time if he ever came across that problem on his copy of Resident Evil 6, and said he hasn't. And I only got Resident Evil 6 about a month ago and it hasn't done this until about a day or two ago. And on rare occassion, I would have my ring of light switch from p1 to p2, and I had to resync it and/or turn it off and it fixes itself then and wouldn't happen again for a long time. And as I said, everything else about my xbox is all good as far as I know.

Nevertheless, thanks much for your answer though and what you say does make sense.

Sorry this didn't help.

So if you mean that the player is still connected as controller 1 but briefly shows up as controller 2 on the front of your console my best bet is that the consoles tilt sensor is slightly faulty.

-

My friends old Xbox used to do this but a lot more common than you are experiencing, as far as I am aware of it is harmless to your console and is simply a slight annoyance seeing it do it. There is no fix to it and you'll just have to live with it unfortunately.

-

As the console is no longer covered by manufacturers warranty you won't be able to get it sorted for free so if you were planning on trying to get it fixed so your best bet is to ignore it or wait until your console breaks and needs a repair.

-

I hope that clears it up for you!

Xbox Live Community Ambassador

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, I suppose that would make sense. I'm gonna do my best to make sure it doesn't break for a long time though, but I do see what you mean as well.  I thank you and Ireas for your help, and if nothing else, hopefully an occasionally re-syncing wouldn't hurt anyway. Good thing is Resident Evil 6 still plays perfectly regardless of what happens.

So as long as my xbox is working great otherwise and this doesn't tear it up, then I'm content and will be happy that it works very well otherwise.

Thank you both again for your help ^_^

Sorry this didn't help.

No problem, if you ever need any more help Xbox related, you know where to find us. Happy gaming!

Xbox Live Community Ambassador

Sorry this didn't help.