Xbox360 Power Supply Dead - No Power Light

Anyone know where I can get a replacement power supply for my xbox360?

My Xbox was working fine before I went on vacation, but when I returned and after turning on the wall socket the PSU no longer works, no power light. Tried the fuse in the plug and followed the Microsoft troubleshooting guide which resulted in saying I need to replace my PSU. But my unit is long out of warrantee and the Microsoft support site doesn't seem to want to support it. 

If anyone has any advice please let me know.

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

Good morning Spark!

Sorry to hear you're having power issues with your Xbox 360. We actually have an awesome No Power Guide for Xbox 360. Be sure to run through all the steps there, if none help it should direct you to set up a repair for either the power supply or console depending on the troubleshooting path you take.

As Irixion mentioned, we don't recommend third party power supplies as they aren't officially supported and my cause issues. I also wanted to mention that surge protectors are also not recommended, as the power supply has one built in and plugging into another may cause issues.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If there is no light at all, try a different power cord, the one going from the wall to the brick. If it still doesn't work, may I suggest buying a surge protector (not a power bar), for all of your electronics to prevent future damage. If it does turn out that the brick is dead, you're out of luck. Third party bricks are most of the time cheap Chinese knockoffs, which are not tested for safety, and could be fire hazards.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.