Xbox360 on Xbox one

#1 plug the HDMI from the xbox360 to the xbox one in the TV port in

#2. set it up like you would if it was for Cable TV

#3. turn on the xbox360 and launch any game

#4. if done right your xbox one will see it and load it as a TV, but you will still need the xbox360 controller and xbox360 it self i know this is still pointless but this is how im doing it.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

How did find it having both consoles logged into same GT ?, does that work

yes, you can be online on both at the same time. I currently have this setup and I love being able to use my 360 in the place of "TV". Currently though its only for chat with friends while I play the One!

I'm planning to do it the same way as described here.  I just hope that Xbox One doesn't introduce any noticeable lag so that CoD and BF4 are still playable.

i dont see much lag at all, ya off and on i might but none i notice.

So with this setup, Can you use the XBL connection from your XB1 for the 360? Or you'd have both independently connected to xbl? I guess it's a good solution if you have limited HDMI ports.

I would rather have my 360 plugged into HDMI 2 and use PIP.

best thing is you can be signed in to Xboxlive on xbox one and the xbox 360 at same time

yes both devices must be connected to the internet independently. I don't notice much lag but I don't do a lot of playing on the 360 so I cannot confirm.

CoD Ghosts had noticeable input lag with the controller using HDMI passthrough, unplayable. GTA 5 seemed to be ok though.

I Will tell you this I did this last night I noticed the response time is bad. i move left and then go right the guy walks into the wall before he goes right. huge delay I Would not recommend using it for gaming. but oviously there are apps that the 360 has like amazon prime that is not available on the one. so I doing it for that and voice chat