Xbox360 HD DVD Player

Are they any good? Just I have won a new one off ebay for a few pounds!!! Im wondering does anyone have one or still use them? Are there many wires that run off them?

Thanks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 24 Applies to:

Aren't they discontinued now, seeing as HD DVD got killed off by blu-ray?

think you can get HD DVDs just crazily cheap now from places like HMV.........but yeah, in the battle of Blueray vs HD DVD....MS picked the wrong side and lost out. You should be able to find info on it in the support area, think they just plug in and play via dashboard

I'm sure you could still get a Betamax if you are after one of them too.

only cost 4 pounds so isnt a dead loss!! just wondering if it plays all region dvds. Normally watch films I "aquire" through my laptop to tv with hdmi lead.

It was bought on a whim so may just let it gather dust with my other random purchases!

they take on the region of the 360 they are plugged into.

Can also be used on your pc.

Most films are dirt cheap now too.

I have one with about 30 films, well worth £4 if you can get some HD films for it. I also use it to play DVDs as I don't own a DVD player. As for ease of use it's just plug and play, connectivity wise it has a usb cable to plug into the 360 and a power cable.

I bought tmt 5 for playback via my pc using the hd dvd add on. I also bought any dvd hd so i could back up my hd dvd's to hard drive. I have 90 movies and tv box sets star trek, heroes, sopranoes, hotel babylon, torchwood, planet earth. Far cheaper for me to back up my movies than risk my players packing in and not being able to playback my movies in the future, and facing the prospect of having to rebuy them again.

Yep i was a big loser in the format war, but i did pick up on a fair whack of them on the cheap.

I wonder how much they will be worth in 10 years time, with hd dvd add on and a offical ep 30 player.

[quote user="T0mBs75"]

only cost 4 pounds so isnt a dead loss!! just wondering if it plays all region dvds. Normally watch films I "aquire" through my laptop to tv with hdmi lead.

It was bought on a whim so may just let it gather dust with my other random purchases!

[/quote]

The HD DVD player is region free, I have one and you can pick up HD DVDs for pennies, it's certainly worth the few pound you spent on it.

[quote user="Highland Mcb"]

I wonder how much they will be worth in 10 years time, with hd dvd add on and a offical ep 30 player.

[/quote]

I would guess not very much