XBOX360 Gamertag issues. Need urgent help

Dear XBOX community

Roughly 1 month after the release of The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim I have been encountering issues with my Gamertag. I currently have over 91000 Gamerscore, however, when I sign into my profile offline, it claims I only have 76000 until I enter the achievements section via the dashboard. I have not been on XBOX Live for quite sometime,, however, I am considering renewing my membership as I would like to get back into online console gaming, but I don't want to lose my achievement progress.

Also, When I try to play The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim, my console seems to freeze as the game is loading my save. I have tried deleting my saves and trying to start a new save, but this has not resolved my issue. At first, I assumed it was the disk and had it cleaned at a local game shop. This also didn't resolve my issue. After hours of trawling the internet for solutions, in which I had tried on a friends console with a friends disk, I signed into a new profile and the game worked perfectly fine.

I would really appreciate any solutions that the community or Microsoft may have for this issue so I can resume online gaming and also Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim.

Thanks in advance.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

There has been a lot of issues with Skyrim since it's release as you find one glitch with the game someone else will find another, you could bring up the gamerscore issue on the Bethesda/Skyrim forums.

2 things I would do to try for the game is firstly delete your Cache and secondly try installing the game to the hard drive, as these games have so much data it maybe causing your xbox to struggle with the game.  I am just thinking that maybe the problem with the Gamerscore is because you are offline it may need to be online to confirm the achievments you have not sure on that bit though.

Anyway I hope this helps and you manage to get it sorted best of luck

Godmonkee

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Jono, your online profile is also showing about 72 k score, where are you seeing the higher amount?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Jono! Got a few answers for ya and a few things you can do. :)

First, for the issue with GS, Godmonkee is correct. If you haven't been online in quite some time that GS wouldn't update until you took your profile back online.

Regarding the Skyrim freezes, Skyrim has its own cache separate from the Xbox system cache.  To clear this cache,  hold LB+RB+X as soon as you start the game, until the Bethesda screen comes up.  That will clear the Skyrim game cache and can fix many issues with freezing.

Also, Skyrim seems to have problems with freezes when you have a lot of game saves.  At the main menu, delete some of your older saves and see if that helps the issue!

Let us know how it goes!

Sorry this didn't help.

Matt1912: As I do not currnently play online and have not done for a while, my XBOX has not been plugged into the internet. The higher amount is displayed on the dashboard. I shall try updating my profile tomorrow to see if this helps.

Godmonkee: Thank you for your suggestion. I shall try that tomorrow.

Miss Kleo: Again, thank you for your suggestion. I have since deleted all my saved games but the issue still stands. I am about to try clearing the cache. I will post results.

Sorry this didn't help.