Xbox works on one tv only

So I've had this Xbox for over two years and its always been on the same tv, same HDMI cable and same HDMI port on the tv. I recently took my xbox to my mates house and I couldn't get Ian's picture or sound using my HDMI cable in any of the ports on his tv and his HDMI cable, I also used the red,white, yellow cable and still no luck. So I took it to my house and I plugged it back into the tv in my gaming room and it works perfectly, in all of the HDMI ports and using the red, white, yellow cable. Then I decided I will try it on my tv in my room, again as round my friends house, no luck getting picture or sound using any of the ports and different cables. Tried to reset display settings using the Y+RT no luck. Have searched this on google and it doesn't seem that anyone has found a way to fix this problem so hopefully someone here can help me :) Many thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hi BxA BadBruza,

This is kind of a funky issue. Let's see what we can do here. 

At your friends house, did he have an Xbox hooked up that was working? What we want to do is isolate the issue, so if there is anyone you know who has a different console we can try, we will want to try using that console on the displays that didn't work for your console.

Let us know if that's a possibility, and we can go from there.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.