XBOX WORKS ON 1 TV BUT NOT THE OTHER??

this is a really strange problem, phone support didnt even know the answer, bought a xbox yesterday, plugs it all up to my HDMI tv, blank screen... hmm ! connects it to my neighbours tv, and it worked ! exact same cables / leads ect.., soo.. brings his xbox to my tv, and his worked !! plugs mine back up to mine and it dont ! so i uses to old school xbox lead " composite " or what ever its called, with the red white yellow wires, and it works on that, but obviously graphics are poor, connects my xbox back to his tv using hdmi and it works ! worked on my other mates hdmi tv as well ! just dont work on mine using hdmi ?! while connected to my mates tv, we changed the hdmi settings on the xbox, connects it back to my tv, then it works !!! BUT THE COLORS ARE ALL PINK ?! cant play COD in pink mode.. lol..tried changing resolution , every 1 says 50hz not surported by my tv or something, so im stuck, is it the xbox that has a problem or the tv ?! bare in mind i had a ps3 connected up to the same tv using hdmi and it worked fine... so im a little confused, any 1 have any ideas what so ever? thanks in advanced ! 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Hey, that is a strange problem, but if it works fine on your neighbour's tv with the regular settings then it must be a problem with the tv. I would have said the problem was with the hdmi ports on your tv, but you say your neighbour's xbox works fine on your tv?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

yes his works fine on my tv.. hahaha. i have no idea what this could be ?! xbox or tv fault ? i had read and read forums over and over, i cant seem to find an answer, so my only last option was to post and hope some one knows lol

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah, that is a strange problem. But if your xbox works fine on your neighbour's tv and his xbox works fine on your tv with the same wires in the same ports then the problem would most likely be a communication error between the two devices, though I'm sorry to say  I couldn't say exactly what it might be.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Blazer,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your console not displaying on your TV.

A couple things I would recommend:

• Try plugging your HDMI cable into a different HDMI port on your television.

• Reset your display settings. To do this:

1. Remove any discs from the disc tray.
    2. Turn off the console.
    3. Turn on the console.

Note If you are using an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, turn on the console by using the Guide button on the controller. Make sure that you use the player 1 controller when you do this. The player 1 controller will have the upper-left light illuminated.

4. As the console starts, on the controller, press and hold Y while pulling the right trigger. The display settings are reset to the default settings, and then the console automatically restarts.

Let us know how that goes and we'll work from there. 

Sorry this didn't help.