Xbox works fine to xbox not fine overnight

Alright, let me make this story as short as possible while giving all of the info.  So the night (and every night before it) that I got Mob of the Dead for COD my Xbox worked fine.  The next morning, my friend put his hard drive in to my Xbox to transfer his profile to a USB flash drive and now my Xbox runs painfully slow if it even runs at all.  Either it takes 10+ minutes to load up a profile, dashboard, game ect. or it just straight up doesn't load.  Also, when I do go to load something, the disc drive doesn't spin up like it used to.  One more symptom is an occasional (but severe) frame rate drop which used to be very minor, if even noticeable, that I can only compare to looking at a painting at a museum.  Is this an easy problem to solve or should I just take this thing to Game Stop?  Any help I can get would be appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

I would transfer all your saved files to cloud or Usb drive. it sounds like your hard drive is going or has gone bad. Sounds like a new hard drive will fix this.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I just tried removing the hard drive (and not putting it back in) and it appears to run fine.  From what I gather, with this information I will be told to get a new hard drive.  Are there any other solutions or am I SOL ?

Sorry this didn't help.

Make sure your Hard drive is connected properly. Try delete your profile and re-install it. There isn't much I can suggest, apart from the fact that there may be technical faults somewhere. Good luck :)

Sorry this didn't help.

(I don't know how to edit posts on this forum so double post it is.)

Please, I don't mean to be rude, but please don't suggest the following solutions as these are not only the first things I tried but are common replies:

-Clearing the system cache

-Re-downloading System updates

-Unplugging, Replugging my Xbox

-Unplugging, Replugging my Router

-Removing my hard drive, then replacing

-Checking for corrupted data

Again, I don't mean to be rude but it seems every problem an Xbox can have can be solved my clearing the cache.

Sorry this didn't help.