xbox wont read disk

My xbox wont read any disks DVD, games, Music Cd's, Or lens cleaning disks. Now i have tried every step posted on this site to resolve the issue with no luck, I can't afford to send it in for repairs, The only thing i haven't tried yet is to take it apart and cleans the lens by hand. I don't want to take it apart but if there isn't away for me to get it repaired or replaced for free i might have to do that. No a friend of mine has told me about a program he used once through you guys that all he had to do was send his broken one in and they sent him a refurbished one at no cost to him. I was just wondering if that was true and if it is how would i go about doing it myself? Please i would very much like to get back to playing my games so if you can help me it would be very much appreciated.

Loyal Xbox Gammer.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

If your xbox is less than a year old, you can call support (1-800-4MY-XBOX in North America) and arrange a warranty repair.  If it is out of warranty you will have pay for a repair.

I would not recommend taking it apart as that is considered modding the console (something that is not allowed to be discussed on the forums) and may result in your console being banned from the live service entirely.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same problem. Except it was fine before the brand new update. None of my games will read. I havnt taken bf3 out of the tray since it was released. Not a scratch or smudge on it. And its installed the hardrive. Just says reading then open tray. Every time. What the hell did u guys do? Does anyone else have the same problem after the update. And if its something like my xbox is too old for the update. You guys are gonna be giving out a lot of free consoles. Cause I will contact a laywer.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Bryans - there is no correlation between the recent update and any disc read errors. Have you checked out our troubleshooting steps for disc read issues? They are available here: forums.xbox.com/.../153185.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

I agree with bryans. The same thing just happened to me.  It was fine before not it is doing the same thing.  I have an 360 elite.

Sorry this didn't help.

Miss Portia your a liar.  I was in the thread I posted on here before and now Microsoft has deleted it.  Guess they dont want to hear the problems we are having unless we give them more money first go earn your free points elsewhere.  Thats right people the ambassadors are getting free points to tell you to send in your XBOXs for repair that will cost you at least 100 dollars.  Sounds fair right?

Sorry this didn't help.

No correlation? Then why the Hell is it that half of the community has their Xbox go useless on them at the same TIME? That doesn't even make sense...even when I CAN get on...I can barely get into full lobbies anymore, probably because everyone's Xbox is useless now.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey! Just in response to Onyx, taking the Xbox apart is NOT considered modding as modding is making a change to the way the console looks or functions. HOWEVER, if you were to attempt to take apart your xbox there are warranty stickers you would be severing or removing in order to reach the disk drive and reading laser which violate your warranty with no questions asks. I personally suggest you call Microsoft and have them take a look whether you are in or out of warranty; you can only break your xbox further by opening it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Go pound sand all of you cheapskates that don't want to pay for a repair or new console.

Yours truly, Miss Portia, Mr. Fitzer, Mr. Gwyneth et. al

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't care how well you take care of your equipment, if your console is outside of the warranty period, you have gotten your money's worth and It's time to pay for a repair or better yet, buy a new unit.  How do you expect Microsoft Xbox to acheive their projections if a majority of their best customers neglect to make new hardware purchases for years on end?  Also, there's absolutely no possible connection between postings such as this and subsequent removal of this thread.

Sorry this didn't help.

WWECD...I see what you did there.  Well played Sir.  Well played.  By the way, I've been affected as well.  I guess my XBox is now a really fancy Kinect controlled Netflix player.  Thanks Microsoft.

Sorry this didn't help.