Xbox Wont read disc's.

Whenever I put in black ops to play it, it says reading.....then, open tray. and the day before that it was saying "disc unreadable" and now today its not even reading the disc and i've washed it, went to xbox support and did all the steps, and I tried putting in different games but it did the same thing to them too, and i have been all over the internet for answers and what I think happened is that the tray is loose or something or the laser is broken but what I want to know is if I should send it into xbox support for repair or if there's an easy way to fix this.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

My console will not read disc's or says open tray sticky.

If you have tried all the steps listed here to no avail I think the next step would be phoning support and ordering a repair OP.
If the console is under 1 year old a service is free, otherwise there is a charge attached.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I agree with Grey Pilgrim but, Me and my dad bought a MW2 and it wont play it will say open trey. But then we got a MW3 edition xbox and we hooked it up and it will play. We bought 2 games Blackops and a MW2 and both wont play. But on anouther console we ALREADY had will play them the MW3 edition do we need it repaired please help!!!!!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.