xbox wont go to fullscreen

okay so theres a big question mark to start this issue, i came home this morning to find my xbox already on, no idea who turned it on but for some reason parts of the screen were cut off on either side. im hearing that there was an update. personally i wasnt there to see it. im assuming someone used my xbox while i wasnt home. but they have since left and i cant question them about it.

ive seen this before with other forms of media and assumed it was just a display issue. i have a "full hd" tv and am using a hdmi cable. i have the 360 s also. anyways i was messing around with the display options and i cannot for the life of me get the xbox to go back to full screen mode. im able to get it to go to full screen with resolution less than 720p but once i switch to a higher resolution the screen shrinks again. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 55 Applies to:

Are the display options you've been trying on the display itself, or your Xbox 360? Be sure to try resetting video settings and then changing them in the System Settings. You can see how to reset video here.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.