xbox wont display on my TV? help

yeah.. so i was just about to go on my xbox but the screen wont show up. i have checked that the cable is plugged in correctly, i have turned the xbox on and off, tried it with my headset cable and without my headset but there is just a blank screen.i have also tried the thing where you hold Y and the right trigger when you turn it on.

i can hear the dashboard sounds through my headset so i know that the xbox isn't broken.   Is it the cable which has broken?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hello,

Either the cable is broken, or your TV went bad. To reset the Xbox to auto adjust to the screen is LT+RT+Y.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there hazzaaa!

As Derksweg suggested, it's definitely possible that your cable is on it's way out. Can you tell us what type of cable you're using (HDMI, Component, Composite, etc)?

There are two different things we can try with cables:

• We can try a different version of the same type of cable (Example: If you're using HDMI, try another HDMI cable to see if that yields better results).
  • We can also try using a different type of cable (Example: If you're using an HDMI cable, try using an HD Component cable to see if that yields better results).

Let us know how those tests go (if you're able to try them) and we'll be standing by to hear from you. ^_^

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.