xbox wont connect to xbox live

i was able to connect to xbox live last friday and now every time i turn on my xbox 360it will start signing into my account but it will say it cant connect i checked the internet and the connection is fine its showing it connecting and everything but still will not let me online can someone help me understand what is going on please

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I am also having the same problem.  When I troubleshoot, I can connect to my network, to the internet, and to Live perfectly fine.  

Then when I go to do anything that requires Live I get a couple of things:

1) Your console can't connect to Xbox Live.  Do you want to exit this session and test your network connection? if you are playing a game, you will lose any unsaved progress.   80151909

Or...

2) I can connect but I will get a message saying something like "You can connect to Xbox Live, but your experience may be limited due to a NAT setting"

so I can clearly connect to live during the troubleshoot, no problems asked, 100% of the time.  My internet is super fast, I unplugged both router and modem and that didn't do anything.

I would like this solved about RIGHT NOW, especially seeing as I just laid down $60 for a Live subscription.  I'll be needing this fixed or my money back.  

And do not tell me the answer is to go into my router or modem settings and change a bunch of numbers around.  All that sh|t does it screw stuff up.  I have been playing Live on this TV, at this house, with this modem and router, and with multiple Xboxs for years, so that's not the answer.  Fix this now Xbox.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

im having problems too. every time i go to get on i have to re-answer my security crap then have to re-do my avatar and when i finally get to the home page i cant connect. Before i moved back home it worked fine, when i went off on jobs id take my xbox and itd work fine. my little brother connects just fine every time. im getting tired of this crap i pay 120 dollars per year for live and i cant even use it and all my games are out of date and im having to go to the game settings and change everything back the way i had it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there stormhawks doom,

Try this article and see if it helps: support.xbox.com/.../connection-error-solution

If this post was helpful please mark it as "Answer" in order to help other community members.

Sorry this didn't help.

@ DrakkenSaer,

None of those options are the error we are getting.

Sorry this didn't help.

I was responding to the OP's inquiry about not being able to connect to Xbox Live. The issue you are experiencing may be linked though. Do you have a separate thread about this?

If this post was helpful please mark it as "Answer" in order to help other community members.

Sorry this didn't help.

With the large amount of GAMERS who pay for this having the same issue and none of the B.S. troubleshooting steps working, why won't the techies or gurus admit that the problem is on the XBOX LIVE end.  Look at posts over the years and it is the same thing all over again.  GAMERS voice their concerns and the techies always blame everything but their own systems.  Why would something that works for an extended period of time suddenly stop working for just such a large group of people worldwide?  I mean really...good call to draw the issue out and still be able to collect our money.

Sorry this didn't help.