Xbox wont connect to Live, Friends Will

Having trouble trying to connect to xbox live. My buddy brought his laptop and xbox over, and his connected fine. Plugged his laptop up to my xbox and it wouldnt work. Here are the stats I get when I hit Y after I get a failed connection

W:0000-000B

X:4000-1001

Y:0000-0000

Z:0000-0000

ID FFFF-FFFF

L:8015-1901

Q:8007-0435

T:Wired

A:169.254.219.137/255.255.0

G:0.0.0.0

D:0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0

When I hit more info is says restart or repower router, which did not work. Then also said about obtaining an IP address and a Static IP. No idea what or how to go about trying to fix this. First time I have tried getting on live in a few months, back over the fall it worked fine

No idea why I can not connect, but his xbox worked and mine will not. Not sure if its the xbox or what. Anyone help? Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

When you say "phone cord" do you mean Ethernet cord? Phone cord is not the same as an Ethernet cord. There are two ways to set up a connection with the Xbox through a computer. ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) and bridge connection. I suggest you try create a network bridge connection. Here's how! If you have a personal firewall on your computer (e.g. McAfee, Zone, F-Secure etc.) try enable those ports in your personal firewall that your console uses to communicate with Xbox LIVE. Network ports used by Xbox LIVE.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Will try that. I have my laptop connected directly to the Xbox with the phone cord. I can not even get a connection from my computer to my xbox, let alone my xbox to the internet. It will not pick up the connection from the computer to the xbox

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, Beef! Very sorry to hear you haven't been able to connect up to LIVE! Did you get a chance to try the bridged connection as taidara suggested?

I see you received an error message about your IP address from your original post. What was the exact error messaging that you received?

Thanks for the clarification! Standing by. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Beeflo!

As I can see on your error report, you'll get an unequal IP Adress from the Laptop.

These fault's will mostly happen, if you're using an 'patched' Ethernet cable instead a 'crossed' cable.

The difference is, that the cable, which you use to connecting your Xbox to a router will work fine, but not through a Connection from Xbox to PC.

en.wikipedia.org/.../Ethernet_crossover_cable

In that case is an 'crossed' Ethernet cable required to establish an Connection through Laptop and Xbox.

Check your cables. :)

- KY

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Beeflo!

When you "Test Xbox network connection" where on the test does it fail? How have you set up your Xbox to Internet? Try start troubleshoot with some basic steps.

Clear Xbox system cache
Reset Xbox network settings to the defaults

1. Turn off your Xbox 360 console.
  2. Wireless connection only: Unplug the Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter from the USB port (if applicable).
  3. Turn on your console.
  4. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and then select System Settings.
  5. Select Network Settings.
  6. Select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network, if you are prompted to do so.
  7. Select Configure Network.
  8. On the Additional Settings tab, select Restore to Factory Defaults.

If your still stuck. Post back with the information from the START HERE! sticky post (the bits that are in bold under the title "Make a post").

Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

I agree with tadira here completely took the words out my mind. If them steps don't work I highly recommend you to check out this guide support.xbox.com/.../browse

Sorry this didn't help.