Xbox won't even try to connect.

I connect my Xbox to Live wirelessly, with a Verizon MIFI4510 B346 hotspot to be exact.  It's password protected so of course I have to type in the 8 digit key to be able to connect to it, I've done it dozens of times in the past with no issue.

Well I decided to pop on again after a few weeks of PC gaming, I go through the usual stuff (disconnecting from the network I'd been on at my friends house, which was the last time I'd been on live) and reconnect to my network, it accepts the key and everything.  Only difference now is that when I go to connect to Live, it tells me:  "Your console can't connect to Xbox Live.  Do you want to exit this session and test your network connection?  If you are playing a game, you will lose any unsaved progress."  It does not even attempt to connect, by that I mean there is no period where the circular loading thing comes on the screen and goes for a few seconds, as soon as I click 'connect to Xbox Live' and type in my 4 digit pass code, it immediately brings up the aforementioned message.  It mentions no error code of any kind.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?   I know my internet is working fine, because I'm connected to it and using it to post this.  I've have restarted the Verizon hotspot several times, as well as my Xbox, and disconnected and reconnected to the hotspot itself multiple times (this had fixed any issues I'd had with connecting in the past), but it continues to not work.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I had the same problem im not sure if it was on their end or not but i just unplugged the power from the back of my XBox plugged it in and i was good give that a try

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.