Xbox won't connect to live, but when i test the connection there is no problem.

Hi!

I've been having this error for quite some time now.. 

Whenever i power up my xbox, it signs in, but does not connect to live, and i get an error message when i try. 

"Can't connect to Xbox LIVE. Select Test Connection to troubleshoot, or try downloading your profile again"

But when i test the connection, there is no problem, and i can connect to xbox live.

My router is configured the way it should, i even has a DHCP Reservation on the IP that my Xbox uses, and all the necessary ports are opened.

Please help me :)

What Country/State/Province do you live in?  - Denmark 
Modem brand & model number:
  Scientific Atlanta EPC2505
Router brand & model number:
   D-Link DIR-635
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?  
White
Things you have tried: 
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown -
YES
Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT?
No NAT error
Any Error Codes you encounter:
The error message written above
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?
Stofa
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)
W:
0000 - 0021
X:
 0001 - 8005
Y:  
20A8 - 4800
Z:   
0000 - 0000
ID:  
FFFF-FFFF
L:    
8015 - 1901
Q:  
8007 - 0435
T:  
Wireless
D:  
192.168.0.1, 0.0.0.0
S:  
WPA2
C:  

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hey there Electromizer!
Let us start with the basic steps. Troubleshoot your console.

Clear your Xbox system cache (this will remove temporary files and data from the system cache. Here's how!

Troubleshoot your router.
Make sure your router's firmware is up-to-date with the latest version. If your router's firmware is already up-to-date go ahead and reset it.

[quote user="Electromizer DK"]all the necessary ports are opened.[/quote] If you have configuring Port Forwarding to manually open necessary ports for Xbox LIVE be sure to disable UPnP.

Still stuck? Try lowering the security encryption on your router from WPA2 to WPA. If changing your encryption setting didn't improve anything, go back to your previous setting.

Post back and let us know how it goes.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Some NAT problems are subtle and don't appear in the Test Xbox Live Connection test. Most likely there's a port blocked... ports can be blocked in your router, modem, or at your ISP. Since the Xbox 360 uses different ports than PCs & Macs use, you can't see the effect of a port blockage except on the Xbox. A sequential power cycle is the first step in clearing a port blockage:

1) turn off the Xbox then

2) unplug the power from the router.

3) unplug the power from the modem.

4) Wait at least 30 secs then replug the modem (or gateway) power.

5) Wait 'til the light on the front of the modem (or gateway) which says ONLINE, READY, CABLE or DSL is on solid (not flashing), then plug in the router.

6) Wait until the WiFi light on the router is on; you may not use WiFi, but it's still a good indicator your router is finished booting up.

7) Turn on the Xbox.  For more background on Ports, see whatismyipaddress.com/port

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.