XBox Won

Wow.

Console war over before it even started.

Playing "Ryse" in the Arena with a buddy and started noticing that enemies are taking scar damage from our blows.

Bashed an enemy with my shield and stepped behind him, bringing my sword to his throat.  As time slowed down for the finisher the stunned look of the barbarian transformed into one of surpise and horror as he realised he'd been outmaneuvered and my sword finished him off.

The XBox ONE is stunning.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Ye I'm loving the Xbox One, the voice control, the party system etc.

-

Their are one or two niggles, for example the marketplace needs an overhaul before it gets crowded (only a couple dozen games on their at the moment, but with hundreds of games, it'll make finding things difficult) also having a specific place for demos would be nice.

-

Another thing would be the ability to have the marketplace work on Xbox.com, for example I tried to download the NBA demo at work yesterday so that my system would have ti downloaded before I got home, but I couldnt find the demo anywhere, only the option to buy the game.

-

Again only little things that could be easilly fixed with a few updates.

While I agree the Xbox One is superb. I disagree with this whole "Xbox Won" statement in your thread title. I think competition is good for both parties and gamers as a whole, it leads way for each company to give us better and better hardware and games. I think each console is unique in its own way, both have issues and both have plus points, and as gamers, having both available to us is great. I certainly hope that we are never in the situation where one company totally monopolises the marketplace.

Well said Whagi

[quote user="Azrael008uk"]

Wow.

Console war over before it even started.

Playing "Ryse" in the Arena with a buddy and started noticing that enemies are taking scar damage from our blows.

Bashed an enemy with my shield and stepped behind him, bringing my sword to his throat.  As time slowed down for the finisher the stunned look of the barbarian transformed into one of surpise and horror as he realised he'd been outmaneuvered and my sword finished him off.

The XBox ONE is stunning.

[/quote]

Ryse gets extremely repetitive and even the awesome graphics can't hide that fact.

As far as the console wars go.....You don't think Killzone 4 is more enjoyable than Ryse? 

Killzone was fun for the first 5 minutes.

[quote user="Frank Wolf"]

Killzone was fun for the first 5 minutes.

[/quote]

The question was actually my attempt at sarcasm to make the same point that Whagi made. I owned both "last gen" systems and both "next gen" systems, I wouldn't have it any other way. It would have been a shame to have missed any of the exclusives for the 360 and PS3.

What didn't you like about Killzone? I was a little annoyed that I didn't know where I was supposed to be going at times but the phenomenal graphics and AI more than make up for that one shortcoming.

I don't have any exclusive reason. It looks cool and all that but it just didn't 'hook' me like Ryse did.

-

And all games are repetitive, no matter if we are driving a car, slashing people or shooting aliens.

-

Gears of war was a trilogy of repetition but at the same time pervertly rewarding.

[quote user="Randver"]

Ryse gets extremely repetitive and even the awesome graphics can't hide that fact.

As far as the console wars go.....You don't think Killzone 4 is more enjoyable than Ryse?  

[/quote]

I must admit that "Ryse" is repetitatvely amazing, enjoyable, fun to play and a wonder to behold.

Even the awesome graphics can't hide that (though they might enhance it).

I wouldn't trade it for "Killzone 1,2,3 and 4".

Az

I think us gamers won, that is all that matters to me.

All games are repetitive. Racing games repeatedly have you drive. First Person shooters repeatedly have you shoot. Action games repeatedly have you smash buttons etc...... If you focus on the repetitive aspect, you only cheat yourself.

I'll grab Ryse, once my wallet cools down. I had a nice Christmas thus far. lol