Xbox wireless adapter frozen on solid red

Started having some glitchy connection issues last night so I moved the antenna a bit on my Xbox wireless adapter and it dropped the signal entirely and has now turned solid red all the time.  It will flicker to green for a split second on console startup and then stay red from then on.  Won't detect ANY wireless networks, and there are several available.  When I go to test the connection, the adapter stays red, never flickers to green.

I've reset the network settings and no change.  I've tried all USB ports, no change.  Is my adapter dead?  Is there a way to do a hardware check on the adapter?  It is the old version wireless adapter, not the N.

Any help is appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 56 Applies to:

Here mate, please let me know if this guide is of any help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Here is what I believe is the problem because I have the same problem but I think it's the Xbox it's self because I went and bought another wireless adapter I bought the all black and two antennas adapter and it had no change it was red all the way I say it's the Xbox because well I have had mine for about almost five years and I had live for like three years and my Xbox makes noises also and I believe it is because we'll it's ran out of steam.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, RemissPLAYA. As this is quite an old thread can you please create a new one for us? Be sure to include a full description of your situation as well as the error code you are seeing and any troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. Thanks in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.