Xbox Wired Headset Jacked up?

I need some helpm figuring out my headset situation.  I talked with the xbox people for like an hour and they couldnt figure it out.  I have litterally tried everything.  I have bought new controllers and new headsets and nothing seems to fix it. When I plug them in they make a popping sound through the speaker and have a hard time working and when they do the people in the party only hear about 1 syllable a word.  It is driving me crazy.  I dont know what to do.  Help please?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

This is a rare issue, but popping might been there might be a signal interference, do you have many wireless devices at home?

Try using another console, since you tried multiple options, your Xbox might be defective.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

popping noise and cut off words in the headset, sounds like the same problem we have on military helicopters when a wire gets kinked or broken.

have you tried moving around the wires itself while speaking? if the problem clears up when you move the wire then that indicates one of the wires is broken and the headset will have to be replaced.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.