Xbox wired connection problems.

I have my Xbox connected directly to the router through ethernet cable. It was working about 5 hours ago, watching movies on Netflix. Fell asleep and turned my Xbox back on, and now it isn't detecting the wire. In the test connection screen it shows up with the check mark in the corner of the wired connection, indicating that it is connected, but turns off and on alternatively every few seconds. I've tried different cables and tried restarting the router. I have read other forums discussing the same problem and their hasn't been any power surges and I have never opened up my Xbox. Can anyone help me figure out how to fix it or what I could do?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hmm, the first thing I can think to try will be to reset the connection to factory settings.  So please head into the connection test, select the wired connection, then go to Network Settings and Restore Factory Default.  If that doesn't help, then are you able to try using a different port on your router for that wire?  That could make a difference as well.  Fingers crossed!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey FearfulxTomxJ, I have a similar problem with my Xbox, I've gone through all the avenues Microsoft can offer to fix it and know one has been able to. I suggest using a PS3 if at all possible; I have 2 that run smooth all day while the Xbox is busy disconnecting.

Sorry this didn't help.

i would check this link out and make sure you have correct settings,

support.xbox.com/.../network-ports-used-xbox-live

if you do then its the router.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi

It does sound like your Ethernet port is broken if you have tried different cables, different ports on the router and direct to the modem (if applicable) it would have to be a Microsoft Repair I'm afraid, or replacement.

Sorry this didn't help.