Xbox will not recognize ethernet cable

My xbox will not recognize my ethernet cable being plugged into it.  Cable works fine, have already tested it with my computer and modem.  Problem might be ethernet port related?  Any help or suggestions will be helpful.  Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 23 Applies to:

It's possible the port on your console is going out and needs to be replaced. To test, you'll want to obtain another ethernet cable that you know is functional, to be sure the console isn't having an issue with the cable itself. When testing, be sure you're connecting directly to the modem, to avoid any other complications that may be causing the issue.

If you still encounter the same issue while connected directly to the modem with another cable, then the console will need to be repaired or replaced. You can check your warranty status here, as well as set up a repair.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

that is like me i think my xbox is broken

Sorry this didn't help.

One other thing to look at, check the ethernet port to see if any of the metal prongs look out of place.  We had a laptop at work do the same thing and figured out a bad cable caused one of the prongs to bend the wrong way not allowing the new cable to seat correctly in the jack.

Sorry this didn't help.