Xbox will not read my hard drive?

i recently was given a 120GB hard rive and transfer cable. When i plugged them in the xbox could not read the new hard drive. Then Suddenly both hard drives could not be read by the xbox? how to i make them work?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I'm running into a similar issue with the new transfer cable I purchased. The menu automatically popped up the first time I plugged the cable into the USB drive on the front of my console, and I was going through and selecting only a few game saves that I wanted to transfer over to my new console. I accidentally hit the "B" button which closed that menu. Now every time I plug the transfer cable in, my xbox360 doesn't recognize it. When I go into the storage device menu under settings, the transfer cable and old hard drive are not showing up. I only have memory unit (the internal hard drive), Cloud Saved Games, and HD DVD Player as options to select in that menu.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there Grade! When you plugged the old HDD into your console with the transfer cable, what showed up in the Storage menu? Did you literally see nothing, or was it registering as an un-formatted USB device? If you then completely disconnect the transfer cable, does your current HDD not register in the Storage menu at all? Screenshots of the storage menu would be helpful. Let me know, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.