Xbox will not connect to the Router

I try to connect my xbox to my router using the LAN. But I keep getting a message "To use a wired Internet connection , make sure an Ethernet cable is connected to both your console and your router or modem". And the cable is connected, it was working for months but now nothing. I also have the wireless for my xbox but it has a slower connection than using the LAN cable. And is the reason why I want to use the LAN.  I have already try a different cable and it still does not work. I even swap out the cables that connect my desktop to my router but still everything works fine. So I know its not a bad cable. I also have turn off my router and my xbox waited a few mins and turn everything back on and still the router won't recognize the xbox.

Please help?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Type your router's IP into your browser, and try to find your XBOX's IP. Once found, delete it from the system, and plug in again. if this doesn't work, contact the modem/router manufacturer.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Have you had any storms lately? It could be your network card is faulty:- www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../66-network-adapter-disconnected

Sorry this didn't help.

@ ShadOwmanUK I did have a storm 2 days ago, and I did go to the link you provided. I have already done all of those steps but it does not tell me what to do next. Does that mean that I have to buy a another Xbox?  

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

That is one option yes , or arrange a repair:- support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/repair/repair-process

Sorry this didn't help.