Xbox Video License/Policy Issue.

It's been a while since I have posted . Need to rant a little ! I just purchased a new Windows 8 PC which now supports Xbox Video thru an app. I have thousands of dollars worth of  movies an tv shows. Well anything purchased before 2010 will not work with Xbox One or Windows 8 because  those purchases are tied to the console it was purchased on. Newer purchases can be viewed on all newer Windows devices. Tech supports answer was to repurchase these movies an tv shows and will not have issues after that. Well throwing away that much money is just a little difficult. Now I'm torn about getting an Xbox One. What do guys and girls think ? Still worth getting an Xbox One and having to repurchase my media !  All my stuff still plays on my 360 but if that fails does that mean I'm *** ?    

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I lost 6 movies recently after the xbox video app updated and they were purchased between late 2011 and 2013 microsoft refused to refund my movies i lost and were very rude.  I restored my purchase history on the xbox one and they are still gone.  I could watch them the night before too so be careful they could just disappear anyway since you cant download them now and microsoft will not be of any help.  

welcome to the number one problem with digital media...

I back everything up on flash drives. So as long as my 360 stays alive, I guess I'll be ok for now. Anything you purchased with MS points will disappear on your history after a year.

Yes that is very convienent for microsoft about your purchase history dissappearing after a year with ms points you bought and used to buy movies.

They have done this with every marketplace they have created. Microsoft is not to be trusted with a digital store.

The comment about stuff disappearing off of your history after 1 year is blatantly false. I have been able to access my download history & re-download virtually everything I've purchased over the past 7 years (with a few rare exceptions, like certain music videos) on multiple occasions without any problems whatsoever.

@galactic geek  wind your neck in!

if the man has an issue he has an issue, god help the people you teach

Lets put away the hostility before it kicks off. XBOXugotschoold you say you have been through to tech support? Was this via the support forums (in my own opinion that is the best place to go for help).

Xbox Video.. you need to go Netflix stream style.

Better for everyone.

Cloud I was on the phone with two gentlemen for about 4 hours. Will try the forums after work. Thanks.