XBOX Usability Frustrations

Hi folks,

I'm getting my family setup up on XBOX but I am continually coming up against usability issues with the overall service. The most recent is around purchasing an XBOX Music Pass subscription for my wife.

Firstly, my wife, as an adult should be able to purchase her own, but she can't because she is a member of the Gold Family Pack. So I have to remove her from the family. Then she has to purchase the Music Pass, and now I believe we have to wait before re-adding her to the family. I am finding that the overall experience around Microsoft Accounts and XBOX account management is a problem.

If I had to summarise I would say that getting this stuff working seamlessly doesn't seem that important to Microsoft, almost as of XBOX revenue generation isn't that important.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

The problem is with the Family Gold.

It's an overall error with the way it's set up. It only ever accounts for the master account being an adult, and assumes all the others are children.

There is currently no option to make a second adult in the family plan.

This is an issue that has caused frustration for many.

I recommend bringing the issue up in the wishlist/feedback forums. Enough people speak up and they could make a change to the system. forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

family packs do have bis issues with them because it does assume all other accounts are child accounts but one thing you might want to know is if you call into support they can make it so you can add your wife's gamertag imediately instead of having to wait to add her just explain what is going on with it and they can aauthorize it.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you contact a LIVE agent they can permit an immediate re-add to the Family Pack. http://support.xbox.com/contact-us?xr=footnav#0:3 will invoke the screen which allows you to Request A Call which is the fastest way to get in touch.

You can also chhose Option 2 when you use your national support number, listed at http://tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers

Sorry this didn't help.