Xbox Update wont download

Hi

So i have been reading since the update got released trying to find a fix but thought i would add my issues to this just so xbox are aware of another affected xbox user.

I was online playing with a friend when the update got released so i know its not my router or anything like that but when i went to download it it says update failed and i get a code 397D-0000-3080-0300-8007-2746. i have tried all steps that have been mentioned in nearly every forum post since the update and tried everythiing on the support page and haven't been able to get it to work. any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

The people monitoring will more than likely ask you to post details...forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx.

:

Additional questions...

Are you using a prepaid Live subscription?

Does the connection work when connected using ethernet cable to router?

Does the connection work when connected using ethernet cable to modem?

If possible, can router be reset?

If so, does that work?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

so last night i got the update to install now it says the xbox live service is temporary unavailable. starting to get really frustrated.

Sorry this didn't help.

After being on the phone and on chat support for hours, I found out my hard drive was causing the problem. I have the 1st generation 360. I removed it an it updated fine. it just sucks because now I need to return the hard drive.

Sorry this didn't help.

S3L1NA, what tests were done to discover the hard drive was bad?

Sorry this didn't help.

how is it that the new update came out now your hard drive has gone bad??? You sure the update is not bad? I am in the same boat as you and if they tell me my hard drive is bad I will flip out. Everything was fine prior to the update.

Sorry this didn't help.

this update was a *** bust everthing worked fine prior to update now its going to suddenly stop working because of their greed i called customer support not the least bit angry or anything just trying to get help and after an hour of explaing my internet works fine and it connects that the update is the problem i just get hung up on yay for **** *** customer support

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, There are a few things you could try that might work first of all you could attempt to clear your system cache this can be done by accessing the Xbox Guide and Going across to the Settings tab once there select System Settings then Memory then select your Hard Drive and Press Y on your controller this will cause previous Updates to be deleted but could fix your problem.

You could also try getting a new Hard Drive for eBay or Amazon I know it involves money but the problem simply could just be there's a fault with your Hard Drive.

Sorry this didn't help.

my hard drive worked just fine prior to the update so i know its not that but il try reclearing my cache and see if that helps

Sorry this didn't help.

Non of these answers work, they screwed up and i've lost the use of my xbox and live subscription therefor they can beat a path and i'm considering going with ps3

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey. Look for an official post like forums.xbox.com/.../1498043.aspx to see if there is a specific Xbox issue. I don't think there is because I don't see one. A bunch of news articles are also reporting that Time Warner also posted something on their site informing customers that they are aware of some kind of Xbox connection issue and are actively working to resolve it, so I if you are a Time Warner customer... I would give their customer service a call. Turning the system off and then back on again will sometimes resolve download issues, so try that before posting here. I had some lag on the download time and that helped me, so it might be worth trying. I would just make sure that you have updated your security settings here support.xbox.com/.../security-proofs to make sure that isn't creating an error (probably wouldn't have any effect, but there have been a lot of auto prompts asking people to do this. And the info should be updated regardless). Hope trying some of this stuff helps!

Sorry this didn't help.