Xbox update problems

So I downloaded the update after multiple problems and clearing my cache and now I can't connect online, I then deleted the update and cleared my cache again and yet still I can't connect online, and worst the option to download the update doesn't even pop up anymore

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

Hey BigshotSafe,

I understand you're having problems connecting to Live. Have you tried the Connection Assistant? Are you getting any error codes when trying to connect?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there bud!

As the previous ambassador seems to of covered everything possible in relation to connection until you give further information, I will assist you in regarding the update not downloading on your console. If it is not appearing, after you have deleted it, you may want to try downloading it via a Disc or USB drive, the following information will guide you on how to do this!

Update via a USB Flash Drive or CD-R

The next step would be to update your console using a downloaded file on USB Flash Drive or CD-R prepared in your PC. This method can also be used to apply the update to consoles that do not have access to LIVE. 

Copy to a USB flash drive

If you cannot connect your Xbox 360 console to the Internet, you can copy the console update from your computer to a USB flash drive and then install it on the console.

Note The USB flash drive must use the FAT32 file system.

1. Plug your USB flash drive into a USB port on your computer.
  2. Download the update file.
  3. Click Save to save the console update .zip file on your computer.
  4. Unzip the file. If you are using Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7, double-click the .zip file to unzip it.
  5. Copy the contents of the .zip file to the root directory of your flash drive.
  6. Unplug the USB flash drive from your computer.
  7. Plug the flash drive into a USB port on your Xbox 360 console.
  8. Restart the console.

When the console restarts, the installation program starts automatically. Select Yes when you are prompted to update the new console software.

Burn to a CD or DVD

You can update your Xbox 360 console software by downloading the update to your computer from Xbox.com, burning the update to a CD or DVD, and then installing the update on your console. Here's how:

1. On your computer, download the update file.
  2. Click Save to save the console update .zip file on your computer.
  3. Unzip the file. If you are using Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7, double-click the .zip file to unzip it.
  • If you are using Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7, double-click the .zip file to unzip it.
  • If you are using an earlier version of Windows, you need to use a special software program to unzip the file (for example, WinZip).
  1. Insert a blank, writeable CD or DVD into your computer.
  2. Copy the contents of the .zip file to the root directory on your CD or DVD, and choose to write (burn) the files to the disc.
  3. Once the files have been burned to disc, remove that disc from your computer and insert it into the disc drive on your Xbox 360 console.
  4. Restart the console.

When the console restarts, the installation program starts automatically. Select Yes when you are prompted to update the new console software.

Hope this is of use to you!

Keep us posted!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.