XBOX UPDATE FAILS TO COMPLETE AND CANNOT GET ON LIVE?

IGOT DISSCONECTED LAST NIGHT FROM XBOX LIVE THEN I RECONECTED IT SAY'S UPDATE...ETC OK I UPDATED THEN IT CAME UP......{ error update faild to complete. please visit: www.xbox.com/update for more imformation} Ok so how do i fix this i cannot get onto live it will not let me update I have console from (2008 - 2009 Premium console) and its not letting me update grrrrrrrrr

keeps poping up with the same message..

Who or what do I do about this this is really annoying because i can not go on xbox live i paied for this now it says that i connot get on live since this update has come its done something to my console.

Need Help on how to fix this

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

IM just gonna give you the canned answer they will so.... here you go.....If you have not Modded/Altered/ Or had a 3rd party (anyone other then Microsoft) Fix Your Xbox then dial support  for help

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

no the console was not modded and it was brought from new from blockbuster in 2009 5th april for £144.99

And it was for down stairs because Ifor 1 year but then every one got a ps3 so i wanted a xbox so the xbox was clammed by me (given to me)  then lastnight i was in a party with friends then i got diconnected  then i try updating then message comes up say cannot conect to xbox live n update faild

Sorry this didn't help.

I would try the troubleshooting guide steps on xbox support website ie clear cache etc. If problem persists your xbox wont work online ever again as new update checks if the seal on your xbox has been broken by an unauthorised micrsoft technician and if it has you now have an expensive dvd player. My console was serviced by a reputable and major UK retailer and now it wont update because they are not authorised MS tech. I believe there are 10's of thousands in the uk who will be affected by this, and many who dont use Live wont even know. Its a disgusting way to treat your customers, but it the only way MS know how to treat there customers apparently

Sorry this didn't help.

just been on the on the phone  to them and i got a anserw back saying  "sorry we can nott help you" "there is nothing we can do"

yer good one thanks now im *** i have no xbl only i can play on me bro's console and thats rear for *** sakeeeeeeeeeee

Sorry this didn't help.

@ B1ad3RuNn3r1983

From www.xbox.com/.../LiveTOU

12.  Service Operation and Equipment.

The Service may only be accessed with an Authorized Device or by logging into your account via Xbox.com. You agree that you are using only authorized software and hardware to access the Service, that your software and hardware have not been modified in any unauthorized way (e.g., through unauthorized repairs, unauthorized upgrades, or unauthorized downloads), and that we have the right to send data, applications or other content to any software or hardware that you are using to access the Service for the express purpose of detecting an unauthorized modification.  Any attempt to disassemble, decompile, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, modify, further sublicense, distribute, or use for other purposes the Service, any game, application, or other content available or accessible through the Service, or any hardware or software associated with the Service or with an original Xbox or Xbox 360 console is strictly prohibited and may result in cancellation of your account and/or your ability to access the Service, and the pursuit of other legal remedies by Microsoft.  Microsoft may take any legal action it deems appropriate against users who violate Microsoft's systems or network security, this contract or any additional terms incorporated or referenced in this contract, and such users may also incur criminal or civil liability.

Seems quite straightforward to me.

Sorry this didn't help.

You keep saying Unauthorized ok so... how are we the consumer supposed to know who is authorized and who is not a retalior can sell you a xbox all day but the same retalior cant service it ? OK........yeah that seems right... Microsoft has basically shut down any way for there to   be a fair market.. They have cornered the market Produced a product  that has(and there aweare of) a HIGH failure rate, give you no option but to use them to fix said product. Sounds like a Monopoly to me something that Microsoft is known for Right..................Just because something is legal dont make it right in Alabama it's LEGAL to marry your 1st cousin But that dont make it right!

Sorry this didn't help.

Easy, the only authorised repair is Microsoft. There is no Market for Xbox repairs as there are no authorised repair agents?

Sorry this didn't help.

What are you chatting on about if you read the stuff i said before I have Not Modded Or flashed or jtagged my console the console is *** standard its never been openend before or any attempt to load up any *** programs on to it its still got the sticker on it to prove its not been openend so you going to help me fix this issue or you going to waste my time like ever other *** xbox live member i spoke to about it..

Sorry this didn't help.

No Xbox live member can help you with this its between you and Microsoft I'm afraid. If you've never had the Xbox opened or repaired by anyone else other than Microsoft and they say otherwise I can only suggest you contact consumer rights or something, no-one on this forum can sort this out for you.

Sorry this didn't help.

that what im saying Mirosoft dosent give the consumer a choice no notta nothing .........but let me stop this man needs help and all my ranting is gonna do is get his post locked down befor his issue is fixed so i will back down for now

Sorry this didn't help.