Xbox Under Risk?!

Okay okay, well, ive been having quite many internet problems with my xbox, its slow, or i get kicked out of party from time to time, so to help it i decided to port forward and enable DMZ, obviously enabling DMZ takes it out of the firewall, but my xbox isnt under risk of being hacked, or being tinkered with correct? i would assume the only hacking someone could do would need physical interaction, to simplify the question, is enabling the DMZ and port forwarding put my xbox at risk???

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Yes, you are right, nobody else has access to the information in your Xbox only because you are playing online.

As long as you don't install any third party programs or let your account to someone you don't know or recovery one of those silver accounts that comes with tons of Microsoft Points (which is prohibited by the code of conduct), nothing will happen. Also remember that a quick call to Microsoft support will solve any problem. But, most of all, remember that the safety of your account only depends of you. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Xbox Live is a secure network, no one can obtain your details via a direct attack on your internet connection.  So, even if the IP address for your Xbox is outside of the DMZ on your router, their is still no risk to your account.

Hope that helps ease your fears.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.