Xbox Unable To Connect To Network ! :(

What Country/State/Province do you live in? - United Kingdom / Manchester
Router brand & model number: Netgear Rangemax dualband wireless n DGND3300v2 
Network Connection Type: -
Wireless
If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using? - WPA2
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?  - Internal
Things you have tried: Port forwarding, wireing the connection, everything suggested by help wizard
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes
Is NAT Type Open? - Yes
What type of internet do you have? - ADSL
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? - AOL                                                                                                    

model of wireless booster - Devolo DLAN 200 AV wireless N

When i try an connect my xbox to the internet it struggles to find my router purely because it is too far away so the signal strength is very poor.

i bought a devolo wireless booster and my xbox will not connect to it at all, i have tried moving the devolo closer to my xbox and wireing it up through an ethernet cable

and i still am having no luck, i think the problem is that the wireless booster is not giving my xbox an ip address, i have tried entering the ip address myself this still

doesnt work.

i dont know what else to try im hoping someone will be able to help me in resolving the situation

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 59 Applies to:

Hey mate, to be sure, did the console still not connect to LIVE when you established a wired connection? Also, can you please run a Connection Speed Test and post the upload, download, and ping here? Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

First of all ensure your Devolo is set to WPA2(AES). I assume that the Xbox can see the Devlo wireless network on the list but can't connect to it?

If so try this, select the Devlo wireless network from the list and enter your WPA2 passphrase but don't press enter just yet. Press the WPS button on the front panel of the Devlo and when the WLAN LED starts to flash press enter on the Xbox to try to connect to the network

Sorry this didn't help.

hey guys really sorry i never replied erm i managed to connect my xbox via the devolo via an ethernet and it worked, still cant connect it wirelessly though, however im happy i can play xbox live :D:D:D thanks again for the responses :)    

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok :)

Sorry this didn't help.