Router brand & model number: Netgear WNR3500L
Network Connection Type: Wired
Things you have tried: Port Forwarding, all suggested steps
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes
Is NAT Type Open? Unknown
Any Error Codes you encounter: No
What type of internet do you have? Cable
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Cox
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" and click on "More info", what is the exact message shown on screen?

Alright, I get the IP resolution issue. This just happens suddenly one day, I turn on my Xbox and I can't connect to Xbox Live. So I go ahead and do the usual turn on/off router and modem and wait briefly before trying again. Still nothing so I give it a day of rest or so which has worked in the past. next day I still cannot get a connection. So I start testing the connection and it appears it cannot connect to the router.

What is strange is the Xbox is the only one having problems. There are two other computers wired through the router and yet both can connect just fine. After switching some of the ethernet wires to different ports, I discover that wherever I connect the Xbox's ethernet cable, the router gives me a blinking orange light for that particular wire port. So I create a static IP address and forward a few ports; still nothing. DHCP is already on and the Xbox is the only piece of hardware having any connectivity trouble, everything else on the router and modem works fine.

The exact error message is as follows: "Can't obtain IP Address from your router or modem. Turn your router or modem off and back on, then wait 30 seconds..."

I've tried port forwarding and all suggested steps. I would be grateful for any insight as to how to solve this problem.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi, Have you tried resetting your Xbox network settings to factory defaults?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

j ai le meme probleme depuis que j ai changer de routeur ma xbox na plus de live et qd je lance un essai reseau meme en eternet il ne se passe rien comme si rien n est brancher j ai essayer de les parametres d usine tj rien merci si quelqun sait merci

Sorry this didn't help.

Shad0wmanUK;

I have. Ethernet cable is securely in place as well.

Sorry this didn't help.

Can you connect direct to the modem (as a test), so - reset the Xbox network settings to factory defaults (and change nothing else) power off the modem, connect the Xbox, power up the modem, wait 1 min power up the Xbox and see what happens

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry for the late reply, I was having difficulty accessing the forums on Mozilla.

Anyway I tried the test a few days ago and it didn't seem to have any noticeable effect. And again, it only occured to the Xbox, all other hardware I conntected directly to the modem had no issues.

I do hope this isn't another hardware complication.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you did that exact test on the modem and it failed on ip I'd say there is a fault with the Xbox. You could try it at a friends house to make sure on their router but it does sound faulty

Sorry this didn't help.