Xbox Turn Off Settings Inquiry

Hey All,

I have my Xbox One hooked up to my cable box (cisco explorer 4640HDC), my surround sound audio reciever (JVC RX-518V) and my projector (Optoma EP719 DLP). Kinect works great and turn on feature boots everything up by just saying "Xbox On." So I am grateful that everything is communicating.The TV guide is really nice :).

However, my projector (and most do I believe) requires the user to hit the power button twice to turn it off. Hitting the power button once brings up a small window that says are you sure you want to shut down? Then the user needs to hit the power button again to turn off. As of now, I can only get the Xbox One to signal the projector once, bringing up the small window that says are you sure you want to shut down? It won't signal a second time for complete shut off on it's own.

Everything in my setup only requires one signal to turn on, and one signal to turn off except projector off.

Any thoughts?

Not sure if other people are experiencing this issue with double prompt turn off devices connected to the One. Can the Xbox even do a double signal? Should it know when to do one if needed automatically and I need to do a certain reconfigure? Can I force the Xbox to double signal only the projector off (this one I severely doubt)?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

I have the exact same problem - this time with an Optoma HD-33. Great that it's now added to the list of compatible projectors, but the incomplete power off is an issue and is preventing my wife using it (as I tell her off for leaving the PJ running ;>)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

where are you guys located as I'm in australia and cannot get the turn on command to work.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.